Runaway

That night, Techno went to bed early. The day had been too full, and Techno was extremely tired. So he went to bed early. That worked perfectly for Tubbo's plan. Right after Techno went to bed, Tubbo packed a bag.

After about an hour, Tubbo decided to leave. Techno was probably deep enough asleep that he wouldn't notice the door open and close. Tubbo quietly exited the house.

But the negative thoughts didn't stay at Techno's. He tried to block them out as he walked into the cold night.

                                                                    ...

Tubbo only knew of one place in this city. The bakery. Tubbo walked there as quickly as he could. Once he entered, slightly surprised that they were still open, he felt comfort.

"Welcome! What can I do for- Tubbo?" Tubbo's eyes widened. "Mom?" "Tubbo?" She stepped out from behind the counter, and he ran to hug her. "I missed you so much mom." "Did someone take you in Bee?" Tubbo nodded and stepped away from her. "Then why are you here?"

Tubbo hung his head. "Cause I messed up." Niki shook her head. "I doubt you messed up too bad Bee." Tubbo nodded adamantly. "I did. I called him dad." Niki laughed. "Honey! We have to take you home now! He is probably worried sick!"

"Ok then. But promise you'll visit me?" Niki smiled softly. "I'll try, ok?" Tubbo smiled up at her. "Try your hardest."

                                                                    ...

Niki knocked quietly on the door, and Techno answered almost immediately. "Hello?" He asked. "Hi. I think I have someone you lost." Niki grabbed Tubbo's hand and pulled him forward.

The moment Techno saw Tubbo, it was like a big weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "I've been looking everywhere for you! Where were you?" "Have you been taking care of him?" Niki interjected. Techno started to nod, then paused.

"Well, I guess it depends on what Tubbo says." Tubbo nodded to Niki. "He has been mom." "Well then, why did you run away bee?" Techno's eyes widened. "You're the one who put him in the box?" Niki's eyes dimmed, some of the joy seeping out of them.

"Yes. Unfortunately. He walked into my bakery saying about how he had messed up." Techno sighed. "I'm glad he's home. And you can come over anytime. I'm sure Tubbo would enjoy that." Niki smiled. "I'll take you up on that. But you should both get some sleep. I'm sure you're both very tired." Tubbo nodded and leaned on Techno.

"See you later." Techno said to Niki, and he quietly shut the door. "You should go to bed." Techno said. "Were you actually worried about me?" Techno nodded, a sheen of sadness covering his eyes. "Yes. Please sleep." Tubbo yawned and walked to his room.

Techno was quite tired, but he wouldn't be able to sleep after tonight's ordeal. So he just quietly turned on the TV and succumbed to the sleepless night.  

~~~

488 Words

A/N

Ok I finally updated! Yay! I got sooooo distracted with school and such. I will probably update the rewrite soon :D