Announcement

Let's not beat around the bush here.

So getting straight to the point, I deleted my reaction fic. Now a lot of you were asking me why?

Well I have always resented my reaction fic but I still didn't delete it because I am what I am today because of it. But I would occasionally make fun of it on discord as well as on wattpad.

So one day we were just talking like any other day and again the topic of reaction fic came upon. So there was this person who had newly joined and he was talking about how much he hates his reaction fics. So I started mocking us by saying the clichéd lines like "What else are you hiding" etc etc.

I have talked with people like Izaya, Rhy, OD and many great authors and me being a reaction fic author didn't sit right with me. So finally I made up my mind and decided to delete my reaction fic. And well not only me, but also two other authors.

My other fic's recent chapters were good but ofc they can't make up for the catastrophic beginning. So I would be unpublishing it too. But the thing is, some people were still reading it so it may still be up for a few more days.

Anyway, now that you are reading this announcement, I would like to share my thoughts on reaction fics in general.

Now reaction fics aren't exactly bad or at least weren't. There are some good reaction fics like the one by LJ, Aikim1 or the one that's called revelation of the mastermind.

But the thing is, they have become so overpopular that nowadays authors don't put in much effort into making them. Most of them have read other reaction fics and that's why Subconsciously they use the same clichéd dialogues.

Reaction fics create false image for so many people and many of the actions taken by Kiyo are way too OOC.

For example if a fanfic writer ships him with ichinose, they are biased towards her. Or if a Kei simp writes it, they would portray her as a goddess and suddenly make kiyo fall for her.

Not only that, some fics completely neglect things like character development. I didn't consider ike's development that he had recieved in y2v4 and 4.5, though in the end he became a good character so I hope that redeems it.

There are people who unnecessarily hate shinohara, ike, okitani and others just due to the reaction fics. Reaction fics make people forget about the actual Canon.

If an anime only reads a half-assed reaction fic, they would be confused asf. And their first impression of some characters would be different than it should have been.

That's why I made the satire but apparently it had the opposite effect as some of you were thinking of making a reaction fic after reading it.

When I made my fic, I wanted to;
1)Complete it
2)Make it different

Sadly only one of them couldn't be done. When I check out a random line from my fanfic, I think, "When tf did I write this?"

So in conclusion, this is my request to the authors to not make reaction fics. Because honestly there are so many unique fanfic ideas and yet every other day there's a reaction fic. And literally every reaction fic author I know (except the good ones), regret writing their fanfic because they became self aware.

My second request is for the readers to stop reading low quality fics. I was surprised to see how my fic completed 100k before so many other good fics.

The reason why there are so many reaction fics is because it's an easy way of earning clout ngl. I wouldn't have this many followers otherwise.

And if you, a reader or an author, have any ideas that are original and not half-assed, then feel free to contact me on discord or on wattpad. I would promote your fic as well as give you suggestions(Not sure if I am in any place to). Because I know for sure that there are many authors as well as readers who have varied imagination. But they either drop their fic or don't make it at all. And if they do make them, they don't get enough recognition.

Now then, I am not telling you to stop reading or making reaction fics........

Well actually I am. Though if you have already started making one then at least complete it. Also, try to make it original.

Hope you guys understood me and try to improve the Cote wattpad community in general 🙏

Also, as for my kiyokei fanfic, well uh the beginning chapters are cringe and too clichéd. But my WR plot managed to cope up for it. I won't unpublish it cuz I have a plot to complete

Thanks for reading and supporting me so far.