4|Eleutheromania

Eleutheromania

(n.) The intense and irresistible desire for freedom.

) The intense and irresistible desire for freedom

Y/n's POV

I wasn't sure how long I had been stuck here. Days? Weeks? Months? I was more than just a little disoriented. I hadn't been let out yet. Though, from the meals I was brought, I was pretty sure I had been in my room for 23 consecutive days. I was always brought three meals a day, and I started counting as well. They had replaced my beloved mosaic glass window, with the many colors and shapes. The serpent in the middle... it was upsetting. The fact that they replaced it with concrete was even more infuriating. To say that I was fuming would be the understatement of the year. At the very least, I got to keep my things. I still had my favourite night lamp. It wasn't much use to me at that given moment due to the circumstances I was put under. I didn't exactly know when to sleep or not. Based on the meals I could tell which was which. Breakfast was always distinctly different from the other two. Which luckily made everything easier. I was just hoping Howl someday could find his way back to me. I couldn't stand another minute of being locked up like a prisoner. As I was sitting on the side of my bed, writing in my journal, a knock emitted from the door. That must've meant it was time for a meal. I was too disoriented to even know what meal it would be. When I didn't hear the small trapdoor inside the door open to pass along the food, I got up and slowly walked to the door. Treading carefully, I inspected the door. Another knock was heard. It sent cold shivers down my spine.

"Y/n. You have a visitor." That was odd. I wasn't allowed any visitors. Hell, not even Kosho was allowed in. Did Suliman finally decide to strip me of my powers? I wasn't exactly surprised. I had committed treason. I was a traitor. To the whole kingdom.

"Please, come in." I responded. The sound of a lock turning alerted me and I stepped back a few steps before stopping. As the door opened a male around my age stepped in. He looked dashingly handsome. I was quite surprised. Who was he and what did he want with me? Perhaps it was one of Howl's disguises.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, your grace. I should introduce myself." You shook your hands and your head.

"No need to worry about the formalities. I'm merely an orphan." He smiled at me and reached for my hand. He was wearing white saying gloves that hugged his hands perfectly. I felt the uncomfortable feeling of the satin against my soft skin. He got on one knee and kissed the surface of my hand. It felt surreal.

"The name is Nomura. Nomura Azu." Unusal name. Maybe it was Howl?

"It's nice to meet you, Nomura. You can drop the act, nobody will hear us in here." I smiled, hoping it was Howl.

"I'm not sure, what you mean." He said with a confused look on his face. It really wasn't Howl. My smile quickly turned upside down.