12|Bonus Chapter

You watched as Markl tried to spoon feed the infant

You watched as Markl tried to spoon feed the infant. Your pregnancy was a long and stressful battle, which you eventually won. Howl was a perfect father and he was everything your child needed. You somehow convinced him to renovate the kitchen, as it was sort of dated. You skillfully chanted spells which made the pans sear the food on its own. Your guests were arriving in less than an hour, which put quite the pressure on you. Sophie was bringing her husband, who previously was a scarecrow. Now, she was an actual princess. Of course, someone like her deserved it though. Kosho was still the same. He was still in his child-like form. Likely due to his loyalty for Suliman and his majesty. Although he'd resorted to helping you many times, he couldn't just desert his title. That was one of the things you loved about him. You had been contemplating whether or not to invite Madam Suliman. She wasn't exactly warm and friendly, but she had changed. She wasn't the same after the night she had to save you from certain death. Albeit, Howl wasn't exactly comfortable in her presence. Understandably so.

A few months prior, the two of you had arranged and attended the funeral of the witch of the waste. Although her actions were vile and downright evil, she'd redeemed herself after blessing your bump when you had it. She was an amazing person for the little remainder of time she had left.

"I've finished my part. Are you almost done cooking?" Your husband slithered his arms around your waist as you began chopping vegetables.

"Almost. Did you also clean the couch?" He always forgot to do the couch. No matter how many times you'd try to lecture him about it.

"Actually, Markl did that. You see, I figured I'd split the work load with him." He tried to justify himself by speaking in a posh manner, but you didn't fall for it.

"That's... a talk for another time. Sophie is always early. We should probably expect her anytime soon. The food is ready now anyway." There was about 10 minutes left. Speak of the devil, there was a light knock on the door. The ironic part of living in a moving castle was the constant address change. Your guests would have no idea where to go unless they had a formal invitation.

"Y/n! Hi love, you look as healthy as ever. Especially after having the little one. Justin and I bought a few gifts. Mostly baby stuff. I hope you like them!" Sophie handed you several bags of gifts and clothes for your baby.

"Howl, long time no see. It feels like yesterday I was the maid of this house!" She joked and pulled him in for a hug. Justin politely bowed and shook both yours and Howl's hand. He was the more withdrawn type. Perfect for Sophie.

"Well, are we awaiting a child on your side?" The young couple grew bright red by your question and one of them cleared their throat, though it was dry.

"Why, we don't have much time for such. Besides, we're happy without. We have each other." Sweet. Sophie was an amazing aunt anyway. You led them to the dining room. Everything was set up and the chairs were pulled out for them. Kosho was the only one yet to come. He likely had some duties to finish before coming. Not that you had the power to do anything about it.

"Everything has been peaceful and enjoyable ever since the war stopped. I must truly thank you, your majesty," Howl directed at the blonde prince. This earned him a slight head shake.

"Please, feel free to call me Justin. Also, it was the people of both lands who ultimately had a hand in stopping the foolish war." You saw how Sophie swooned at his words. You didn't blame her. He was really good with words. Better than Howl though? Not exactly. Again, someone was at the door. This time, the door wasn't knocked. The doorbell was rung. Upon opening the door, you saw the silhouette of your blonde friend. The glass mosaic made him out to be different colors.

"Kosho, you came. I'm glad you had time. Come, we've been awaiting your arrival." He followed you inside and into the dining room. Due to the fact that he didn't bring a plus one, he took a seat next to Markl. He'd always been a quiet person, but throughout the dinner he laughed quite a few times. This was truly a great conclusion to that chapter of your life. Howl smiled at you, as you tried to get your infant to eat some mashed vegetables. He loved the sight of you caring for your family. The family you never had, but the family you created.

"Let's all toast to an eternity of peace!" Howl raised his champagne flute. Everyone followed suit and clanked their glasses together.

You felt the warm rays of sunshine hit your face through the lightly tinted mosaic windows. A serpent was made out in the middle of the glass. Birds were chirping outside.

 Birds were chirping outside

©ᴛᴏᴊɪsᴍᴀɪɴ
2021-2022