chapter 3 - a guide to growing older

Damian had his back to a wall as he snuck slowly around a corner. He was in the Batcave, trying to figure out where Jon went on his mission.

*If I go to that dimension... I'll be 18 too! And I can look Jon in the eye again...*

He'd been avoiding Jon all week. He felt bad about it, but whenever he looked at Jon he would just swell up with anger and jealousy, which was not a good colour on Damian.

Damian grabbed a batarang from his belt and threw it at a security camera, knocking it off the wall. He smirked and ran over the metal bridge that lead to the batcomputer.

He threw the chair out of the way as he quickly went to log in.

"Password... JasonStinks1.  Heh.."

Damian laughed to himself as he logged in, and began searching through folders, web searches and messages to try and find any clue to where Jon went.

"Damian? What are you doin' down here?"

Damian spun around, and Tim was walking across the bridge holding a book.

"I could ask you the same thing." Damian crossed his arms. He stared at his brother who was walking towards him.

"Bruce asked me to get his mission log book" Tim pointed to the book he was holding.

"Shit... I need that Tim, give it-" Damian ran over and tried to snatch the book out of Tims hands.

"Woah woah slow down there dude!" Tim held his hand out and Damian ran into it, falling back.
"Why do you want this so bad? And once again... Why are you down here? Does Bruce know you-"

"Bruce doesn't have to know every little thing I do Tim!" Damian spat as he got up. "and I need that book."

"No"

"Give it to me"

"What's the magic word?" Tim smirked

Damian narrowed his eyes, "I am never gonna say that fucking word! GIVE IT TO ME!" Damian ran at Tim again. This time, Tim threw the book up and kick-swiped Damian's feet, making him trip and fall to the ground once more. The book fell back into Tims arms.

"Dude seriously... What is your problem. You can usually defeat me no problem." Tim held out a hand to help Damian up but Damian hit it away and stood up.

"My problem is that I need that book or I am going to lose my mind." Damian bunched his fists.

Tim grew concerned for Damian, he tilted his head, "wait... Why? I know I'm not Grayson but you can talk to me Damian."

Damian blinked at Tim, and let his hands relax. He sighed and then crossed his arms.

--------
Minor time skip. (sibling bond moment coming up 🥺)
--------

Damian and Tim were now sitting on the roof.

"Wow... So that must be weird... Having Jon older than you now." Tim raised an eyebrow.

"Heh... You have no idea.  That's why I need that book. I need to find out where Jon went, so I can go there too."

"Damian that's a bad plan. What if you get stuck there? You'd die. It's dangerous." Tim looked at Damian with fear.

Damian chuckled and looked down, "yeah well not as dangerous for me as it is right now..." He mumbled.

"Why? Damian what's going on?"

Damian shook his head slightly and looked at the palm of his hand, "How... How did it feel to come out? Like... To Bruce? I know he didn't take it well but... How bad was it?"

Tim sat back, "wow, was not expecting that question. Um.. well yeah obviously it was hard, y'know, your father figure, the man to bring you up from rock bottom looking you dead in the eye and saying 'you are a disgrace to this family' yeah that... That takes its toll on you..."
Tim trailed off.

Damian screwed up his face and thought back to his conversation with Alfred.

"How did Alfred take it...?" Damian asked.

"He hugged me, and told me not to listen to Bruce. That it doesn't matter that I'm bi, and to just be myself." Tim blinked, and looked at Damian confused, "why are you asking me this?"

Damian stared off into space, and sighed, "I think I'm gay."

Damian's heart sunk as he said those words. It hadn't really sunk in that he was gay, but now he said it out loud, he felt sick. He dropped his face into his hands,
"And I'm in love with my best friend..." He whispered, but Tim heard.

Tim stared at Damian, who looked like he was about to cry. Tim didn't know what to do, he'd never seen Damian so vulnerable.
"Uh... I-" he was cut off by Damian standing up quickly and turning away.

"Whatever. keep the book, there's no point trying to find this dimension  It's not like I can be with him. He's not... Gay."

Damian jumped off the roof off the building, leaving Tim sitting there watching after Damian. Tim shook his head and stood up, and took the safe way down. With the stairs.

-------
A week has passed. Damian has done no missions, or anything really.
-------

Damian grabbed his jacket and put it on. He slowly walked down the stairs, ignoring Alfred's questions.
"Master Damian are you alright? Master Damian?"

"I'm just going to feed Goliath Alfred. I'll be back soon." He grabbed his keys, and made his way out of the Wayne mansion and down the path to the barn. Goliath was laying down on his side, but quickly jumped up when he saw Damian.

"Hey buddy" Damian said, melancholy. Goliath jumped up and down, shaking the ground with his giant paws. Damian chuckled, opened the gate and grabbed some beast food to put in his bowl.

Once Goliath was settling into the food, Damian closed the gate and turned around.

"Hey damian-"

"AHH WHAT THE HELL!?" Damian screamed at the top of his lungs.

Jon was standing there, "sorry I didn't mean to scare you Damian."

"I wasn't scared. I just didn't expect it." Damian narrowed his eyes and begun to walk past Jon.

"Wait, Dami! I wanna talk to you about something." Jon ran to catch up, and matched Damian's pace.

"I don't wanna hear it." Damian kept walking.

Jon was hurt, he grabbed Damian's arm, forcing him to turn around and look at Jon, "what's up with you? Why are you avoiding me?"

"Why did you leave me for months and then show up many years older." Damian blinked, emotionless.

Jon let go, "fair point... But Damian I wanna tell you something. I wanted to tell you when I first got back but you ran off and well, I haven't seen you since..." He trailed off.

"Ok... Well I'm here now. What is it?" Damian crossed his arms.

Jon smiled, "dami, I'm Bisexual" he said proudly.

Damian was in shock. His eyes widened and his arms slowly dropped, "what? You're... Bi?"

"Yea" Jon smiled, but it slowly dropped when he realise Damian wasn't quite reacting the way he'd thought, "are you... Ok with that...? Dami?"

Damian blinked and turned, and ran.

he was smiling and laughing to himself.

In his mind, his plan was back on. To visit the dimension, turn 18 and win Jon over.

But in Jon's point of view, Jon just shared his most personal secret to his best friend Damian, and he ran off without saying anything.

Jon's eyes started to tear up as he watched Damian run away.

"Jay was right... Damian hates me now..."

~~~~~~~
Y'all crying yet? 😂 I'm finally getting to the good stuff. Feel free to comment whatever, I'm really appreciating all the reads and votes and stuff I'm getting. Thanks guys!!

Keep Vibin'