🌸 p r i n c e s s 🌸

Princess AU 〜☁️

x〜〜〜Xx—X—xX〜〜〜x

The broad gardens that surrounded Kairos Castle were brimming with life.

Birds tweeted their melodic tunes, butterflies fluttered around the beautiful flowers. Rabbits dug their homes under rose bushes, and bees created hives of honey under the tall trees.

Yashiro loved it.
Yashiro was the princess of Kairos, daughter to king and queen of the land.

Her life was like no other. It was full of luxury and elegance, stunning dresses, and any jewel her heart desired.

But it wasn't what she wanted.

Yashiro envied those around her. Those in the villages surrounding their remarkable castle. She listened to their cheers, their laughter, their music played on intricate instruments.

She would watch from her bedroom balcony, the small dots of the villagers mingling and chatting. She could only dream of the life they lived, surrounded by a community of loving friends and neighbours.

Yashiro was surrounded by maids, servants, butlers, you name it. Anyone but friends. They all treated her like a china doll that needed to be polished and kept in a glass cage so she could not encounter any harm.

She hated it.

The gardens surrounding the castle were Yashiro's safe place. Her favourite pastime was watering the display of colourful flowers lining the courtyard. She hummed and smiled as she sprinkled them with water.

"Yashiro-san!"
Aoi, the gardener, came rushing over to Yashiro. She turned around to face Aoi, her watering can sprinkling water over the grass in an array of colours created by the sunlight beaming down onto it.

"Aoi-chan!"
The two girls embraced in a warm hug.

Aoi was Yashiro's only friend. Aoi understood her, and didn't treat her like a precious china doll. Yashiro felt safe around her. She felt like a normal girl.

"I see you've watered the peonies."
"I have! And I watered the tomato plants in the greenhouse!"
Yashiro beamed.

"Well, Yashiro-san,"
Aoi started,
"Your mother and father would like to have a chat with you, they asked me to get you."

Yashiro's face drooped into a frown.
"Why do they want to talk to me?"
"I'm not sure, but I don't think it's bad. You'd better go and find out. I'll continue watering the flowers."

Yashiro sighed and passed the watering can to her friend. Aoi bowed lightly at Yashiro as she picked up her long gown a few inches off the ground and headed into the castle.

"A- ball?"
"That's right, dear. We are holding a grand ball in honour of your 16th birthday! It is almost time for you to get married so we decided this will be great to determine a-"
"When is it?" Yashiro interrupted.

"In 3 days, on your birthday."
The king looked down at his daughter in the living room. The fire was crackling, and Yashiro and her mother were sat on the luxurious velvet couch. Yashiro's father stood above them, hands behind his back, explaining what exactly was to come on Yashiro's 16th birthday.