☁️ h i c c u p s ☁️

*hic*
*hic*
*hic*
"Why are you hiccuping?"

It was a frosty winters afternoon, and Yashiro and Hanako were in the girls bathroom together, as they always were. Yashiro was cleaning the toilets like she did every day, mopping the floor, sweeping dust, wiping the windows.

Yashiro didn't mind her cleaning job. Ok, maybe she did mind it. She didn't like being tasked with cleaning them, but she did like the person who gave her the tasks. Hanako may have been a little harsh with his requests (aka cleaning the toilet bowls), but Yashiro still enjoyed spending time with him.

Hanako was sat on the windowsill, which was currently white with frost and lined with a thin layer of snow. It was cold.

"I cant help it!" Yashiro sighed. Of course she had hiccups. She had no idea how to get rid of them. The only way she could think of was being scared to near death, and she certainly was not in the mood for that.

"Well, hiccup quieter or something."
Hanako continued staring out of the frosted window. Yashiro worked beside him, observing him. She turned her attention to the floor in front of her, sweeping up another clump of dust. She was wearing a coat, scarf and gloves. She envied Hanako for never getting cold.

"I cant hiccup quieter. My scarf is already over my mouth. What else do you want from me?"

He sighed.
"It's annoying."
"Well like I said, I cant help that, Hanako."
He rolled his eyes.
"Hold your breath then, that gets rid of them."

Yashiro looked sceptical, but breathed in, and held it. 10 seconds passed of no air, and she needed it. She let out a huge gasp, and with that, a hiccup.

"Ughhhh!" She groaned.
"That usually works-" Hanako started.
"Well, it didn't."
"I think you need to stand on your head for it to work."
"Hanako, I am not doing that."

He let out a soft chuckle. As much as Yashiro wanted to ignore it, she couldn't help but notice how her cheeks flushed red when he chuckled. She silently thanked the gods that her cheeks were covered by her scarf.

"Try drinking water."
"Don't have any."

He motioned to the sink.
"Really?" She groaned.
He nodded.
Sighing, she walked over to the sink and turned it on, and lowered her scarf. Taking a big sip of the water, and swallowing it.

*hic*
"Great, now I got my chin wet and cold for nothing."
Yashiro rolled her eyes.
"Try drinking and holding your breath."
"That's so stupid."
"Maybe you aren't holding your breath long enough."
"I am!"
"No, you're not."

Yashiro sighed. Sometimes Hanako really was a pain in the ass. Why couldn't he just let her have hiccups in peace??

"Hold it."
And she did. 12 seconds later, she gasped for air. And hiccuped.
"Not long enough!"
"Hanakooooo-" she whined.
"Hold it longer!"
"I cant!"

Hanako hopped off the windowsill. The school was empty, with everyone already being at home. School ended an hour ago, and everyone had rushed to get home to their warm bedrooms. It was quiet. He made his way over to Yashiro. She was confused. Was he mad that she still couldn't get rid of her hiccups? Oh no. Her heart started beating at twice the speed it should have.

He pulled down her scarf from her mouth.

"I told you you need to hold it for longer." He whispered.

He lowered his cold lips onto hers. Yashiro's eyes widened in shock, but slowly closed.
Her heart was fluttering like it was trying to escape her body. Her whole body felt warm. Her hands no longer felt like ice blocks.
And her cheeks certainly were not cold, they were quite the opposite. Slowly, Hanako pulled away. He stared into Yashiro's eyes for a few seconds. Then smiled and turned around and went to sit back on the windowsill.

"I told you, you needed to hold it longer."
She realised her hiccups were gone.

"And, Yashiro," He turned around to look at her.
"You're cute when you blush."

"Wha-" Her cheeks were on fire at this point. She quickly covered them up with her scarf.
"It's just the cold, idiot!" She said.

Hanako laughed to himself.
"Sure."

(W/C: 711) Hi everyone, I've decided to start writing some shorter oneshots as well as long ones. This was an idea from my old book (that is no longer on my page).

Shorter oneshots will have the ☁️ emoji and longer oneshots will have the 🌸 emoji.

Thank you for reading. -M <3