Chapter 8 - Rules of the Bath

Uno: "Ah man, even though we finished early and managed to grab that special first time slot for the baths, I always feel the excitement drop every time I come here."

Jinx, Rock & Jyugo: "Why?"

Uno: "Cause even though they made the women's baths next to the men's baths since Jinx arrived, there isn't nearly enough women here."

Rock: "You're right. Kind of a letdown."

I rolled your eyes.

Hajime: "The hell are you guys talking about? Don't just stand around chatting about useless shit, hurry up and get in. There's a time limit."

Jinx, Rock, Jyugo & Uno: "Yeah, yeah."

Rock: "See you soon, Jinx."

Uno: "Don't drown."

Jinx: "Heh, I won't."

I went into the women's bathroom by myself, but to my surprise, there was someone already in the bath.

Jinx: "Miss Warden?"

Warden: "Ah, 33, nice to see you, child."

Jinx: "What are you doing here at building 13?"

Warden: "Well, this is the only building with a female inmate, you that is, and so this is the only building with a women's bath."

I took my clothes off.

Jinx: "You don't have one at headquarters, ma'am?"

Warden: "We do, but it's a lot smaller than this one."

Jinx: "Yeah, it's nice but I think it's a little too big for someone as small as me."

The warden offered to scrub my back. As I sat there, I could hear my brothers through the wall.

Uno: "Come to think of it, when's Nico gonna be allowed to come to the bath here?"

Rock: "No clue. If I remember right, he was taking medicinal baths over in the infirmary."

Uno: "Well, it could be pretty luxurious getting your own private bath, too."

Rock: "Like Jinx has next door?"

Uno: "Mhm."

I frowned.

Warden: "What's the matter, 33?"

Jinx: "Nothing really... but it's moments like this I feel kinda lonely being the only girl inmate."

She smiled.

Warden: "I understand what it's like being in a prison full of men. But I think you're never lonely as long as you've got those boys."

Uno: "Oh yeah, you'd better be careful today, Jyugo. There's some pretty troublesome guys here in the first slot after all. They might get kinda mad if you drown."

I smiled.

Jinx: "Yeah, you're right, Miss Warden."

Momoko: "You know what, child. Just between us girls, you can call me Momoko."

I looked over my shoulder at her.

Jinx: "Really?"

She nodded. I rinsed off and climbed into the bath.