Chapter 20 - Out Cold

JYUGO AND HAJIME'S POV

Hajime: "The hell?! How is she out already?!"

Jyugo: "Her sense of smell is strong, man! She's probably sensitive to this kinda stuff!"

He crouched down next to me and sat me up.

Hajime: "Damn it. She can't wake up while were still in this. The gas emitter is probably close to the hall's exit. We've got no choice but to cut though here and either cancel or disrupt it in order to make it stop."

Jyugo: "But we'll pass out before we get there... We'd have a lot more leeway if Nico was here... So? What are you planning to do? I'll say it just in case, but I don't wanna get dragged around again like before."

Hajime: "Shut up. You just stay there with your sister. This has turned out to be just as annoying as I thought it would. No wait, actually this isn't annoying... it's infuriating."

Hajime karate chopped to the ground, making the gas cloud split in half.

Jyugo: "Wha-?! He blew it away with brute force?!"

He bolted down the middle and with a loud crash, destroyed the source of the gas.

Jyugo: "For real?!"

Hajime: "Come on, keep moving."

Jyugo picked me up and followed him.

Jyugo: "Hey, Hajime, when will she wake up?"

Hajime: "Well, now that the air is clear again it shouldn't be too long... Can I trust you with her?"

Jyugo: "What are you talking about, man?!"

Hajime: "I mean, you're the clumsiest, most careless person I've ever met."

Jyugo: "Shut up! She's my little sister! Of course I can keep her safe!"

Hajime: "Suit yourself."

Throughout the next few traps, Jyugo was having a lot of trouble keeping me safe, but he somehow managed it. He fell into a pool, almost drowned again, but somehow kept my head above the surface. He got crushed by a giant ball, but somehow managed to keep me out from under it. And finally, he stepped into a trap that lifted him up to the ceiling by his ankle, yet he would not let go of me. Hajime, on the other hand, was getting fed up at this point. He took me off him.

Hajime: "That's it! You're not looking after the sleeping little girl anymore!"

He then cut him down.

Jyugo: "Oh, come on, man! She's not hurt!"

Hajime: "Maybe not yet, but at this rate, it's only a matter of time."

I stirred.

Jyugo: "She's waking up!"

JINX'S POV

Jinx: "What... happened?"

Hajime: "Sleeping gas. Are you alright?"

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

Jinx: "Yeah. Are we out of the basement yet?"

Hajime: "Not yet..."

He put me down on my feet. Jyugo hugged me.

Jyugo: "Are you okay, Jinx?"

Jinx: "Hah, yeah I'm fine. Wait, why are you covered in bruises?"

Jyugo: "Aheh... no reason."

Hajime: "Keep moving, you two."

Jinx & Jyugo: "Kaaay."

We kept walking until we came to a random rope hanging from the ceiling.

Jinx: "What's this for?"

Hajime: "Definitely another trap. Don't touch it."

Jyugo: "Imma pull it."

He pulled on the rope and two cream pies came down and hit him and Hajime straight in the face. I was laughing so hard I fell on the floor, clutching my stomach.

Jinx: "Haha, oh my god! I can't believe that actually happened, hahahaha!!"

WACK

Jyugo: "OW-!"

Hajime: "I said not to touch, idiot!"

Jyugo: "Sorry..."