Chapter 23 - Mode Change

Jyugo: "What's with this thing... it's shape changed...? Why can't I cut it?"

Jinx: "JYUGO! GET AWAY FROM IT!"

In the blink of an eye, the smaller, more agile, robo rabbit knocked Jyugo into the wall.

Jinx: "NO!"

I ran to him.

Jinx: "Damn it, Jyugo! I told you! I told you!"

His hands went back to normal, and he hugged me.

Jyugo: "I'm alright, Jinx... I'm- not hurt."

Hajime: "You reap what you sow. It's what you get for thoughtlessly charging in without knowing anything."

Jyugo: "I get it already. But it's not like I'd know unless I try. I decided I'd at least do that much!"

Hajime: "... Hey, 15-"

Jinx: "LOOK OUT!"

They jumped out of the way, Jyugo holding me, before the robot smashed into the wall where we were all just standing.

Hajime: 'It's a different type from before. If that's the case, then maybe this'll work.'

He went in for a punch, but it jumped out of the way.

Hajime: 'It dodged! So in other words, this type decided that my attack was a threat, huh? In that case, I can destroy it!'

He charged in for another punch.

Robo Rabbit: "TARGET SWITCHED TO HAJIME SUGOROKU. MODE CHANGE."

It turned back into the large, shock absorbent type so quick, Hajime couldn't even react. He just faceplanted into its big squishy tummy before it pushed him back. Hajime sat up even more pissed than before.

Hajime: "GAAAAHHH!! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING'S PROBLEM! I'LL KILL YOU BASTAAARD!!"

Jyugo and I couldn't help but giggle to each other.

Jyugo: "It's rare that we get to see Hajime like this."

Jinx: "Unbeatable gorilla being pushed around, heh."

Jyugo put me down and pulled out one of his blades, smiling with confidence.

Jyugo: "But if it's that one, then this time I'll..."

Jinx: "Jyugo, don't! It'll just-!"

Robo Rabbit: "TARGET SWITCHED, MODE CHANGE."

The smaller version knocked him away.

Hajime: "ARE YOU A MORON?!"

I gently stroked Jyugo's head as he lay in the fetal position.

Hajime: "Didn't you see how fast that thing can switch?! Are you stupid, hm?! You just ran straight at it a second ago and got clobbered so why the hell did you just go at it from the front again, you damn idiot?! I'm short on time here, I haven't got any to waste on some shitty half-wit! Are you listening, you damn stupid, idiotic, slow-footed, half-wit inmate?!"

Jinx: "Don't yell at him, Hajime! It's not his fault that damn robot can switch forms in the blink of an eye!"

Hajime: "Stay out of this, 33!"

Jinx: "NO!"

Jyugo: "LOOK OUT!"

Jyugo pushed me away before the big robot came down on them, crushing them both.