sangwoo-thank you

(a/n: y/n is player 457 in the games, sangwoo comforts them after a nightmare, which will be written in italics. also, this is set after the meal, but sae byeok survives)

y/n's pov:
i was back in the overly large playground room, the lights dimmed slightly, but masses of dead bodies laid around me. *you have 1 minute left* the speaker announced. shit. idiotically i picked the umbrella to carve out, there wasn't no way i was gonna make it out alive, i could tell. i always thought about death, what happened before, during and after, was there even an after? i tried to brush my thoughts as i scraped the bits of the dalgona with the weak needle. in the corner of my eye, i notice gi-hun speedily licking his dalgona, what was he up to?! i look back down at the tin and notice i can start to break off the excess pieces until...CRACK. oh no...my eyes widen in horror, my breath increasing knowing it would be the last ones i'd ever take on this earth...the circle guard next to me peered down at the tin, my shaky hands covering it, like i could cheat my way out of death. "player 457, remove your hands from the tin" the circle guard stated. i take one big sigh. this is it, the last moments. i lifted my hands to reveal a broken umbrella, very much cracked. the guard sets the gun up and points it straight between my eyes. how harrowing. they click and shoot...BANG-

I gasp and wake up, breathing so heavily it probably woke everyone up, despite there only being four of us left. sweat was pouring all over me, covering the thin bedsheets we were provided with. my eyes adapt to the darkness, but the dim light of the piggy bank gave me that reassurance, i was alive. i peer around the room, gi hun and sae byeok seemed to be mid conversation, staring at me with confusion before looking back at each other. they knew the score, the nightmares plagued everyone in the room, including the souls behind those masks. it was a daily occurrence, me waking up from a nightmare, which most definitely annoyed the shit out of sangwoo. i step up out of bed, not even bothering to put on the tight lace up shoes we got at the meal, hoping the cold floor would wake me up. i didn't want to approach sangwoo, but he was the only person i felt i could rely on. sure, gi hun and sae byeok were good friends of mine, but the pressure of telling them my nightmares when they heard too much the past couple nights, they needed a break from my woes. quietly, i tiptoe over to sangwoo's bed, noticing he's slightly snoring. how cute. i hesitantly shake his arm before he wakes up with a gasp himself. "huh?! what?! oh, y/n you scared me" he slurred, half awake. "oh, im sorry, it's just, i-i had a nightmare you see, and i didn't want to burden the others with it, so i-i thought i'd come to you" i blurt out. sangwoo just stares at me before coldly saying, "oh so you thought you could burden me instead". this wasn't the response i was expecting or needed. "i-i can go if you want me to, it's no big deal" i reply, starting to walk off, but before i can, i feel his hand grasp my wrist. "no, i'm sorry y/n, you can stay" he states. "can i?" i gesture to sit next to him. he scoots over to make room for me, allowing me to get comfortable. "what happened then y/n?" sangwoo asks, fear and questioning in his eyes. i tell him everything that happened, and soon enough i feel myself being hugged by him. it was odd to see emotion on a guy like sangwoo, who only seemed bothered about himself making it out alive. "y/n, im sorry, i've been so shitty towards you, and made you feel like utter crap, i can tell" he shares. my eyes widen in shock, not used to him expressing and confessing his feelings. "i know you were close to ali, and my pride got the better of me, heck you nearly died because of me, i was so selfish" he continues. this side of sangwoo must be very rare, even gi hun himself hadn't seen this side of sangwoo as he told me after the glass step game. "sangwoo it's okay, please don't worry about it, i understand, what you did was shitty but i'm glad you know it now" i tell him, hugging onto him tightly. both of us needed this, it was obvious we needed that hug for reassurance. we stay in this position before i hear him fall back to sleep again. being next to him seemed to stop me from entering the nightmare stage again, which i was thankful for.