gi hun-home

(a/n: set after the games, you're waiting for gi hun to return after being gone for over a week. written with y/n using any pronouns and it's full of fluff...p.s: gi hun is going to be headcanoned as bi in this so you guys get your sangihun content)

y/n's pov:
it's been a week. a week of worry, anger, confusion, anxiety and awful thoughts. gi hun was never the type to abandon someone, despite not seeing his daughter much, he still tried. maybe he left because he didn't want the burden of me being ga yeong's step parent, who knows. i brush my thoughts away as i prepare dinner, gi hun's favourite dish, bulgogi. i always made up enough for the two of us to, incase he did decide to return. after deciding to leave the food to cook on a slow heat, i make my way over to the table to organise the mats, cutlery and other necessities to ease my mind of anxious thoughts. to think he could've abandoned me, got hurt or even worse died terrified the shit out of me. but i knew looking for him could make me vulnerable out on the streets alone. sadly, i knew of his debts and tried hard to help him clear them with my own money, which always ended up with gi hun saying "no no no i can get the money in time! it's my fault anyway". i miss him, his humour, his smile, his charm, his eyes and other things too. eventually the food is ready to be served, and i grab two crockery bowls for us. sure it was sad to see the full bowl being left, but i hoped and prayed maybe it would be empty and left a happy smile on gi hun's face. as i grab the bowls over to the table, i sit down and just burst into tears. shit. i'm always so strong and today it just, broke me. i missed him so god damn much, and without gi hun, i don't know what i'd do.

as i eat my dinner, i notice the door handle start to jolt up and down. what the fuck?! with instinct, i grab a knife from the kitchen, god knows who's on the other side and i didn't want to meet death anytime soon. the door opened, and a tall figure was on the other side. was that? no, it couldn't be, i refused to believe it was. they peered through the door even more, and to no surprise it was gi hun. his face was all battered and bruised, blood stains littering that beautiful face of his. "y-y/n" he stuttered. i carefully place the knife to the side with my keys and engulfed him into a hug, tears threatening to fall down.

gi hun's pov:
BAM!...i was met with the cold concrete floor, freezing my ass off. i had managed to win the games, although with all the death that i encountered, it didn't feel like a victory to celebrate. i had lost some dear new friends, an old lover and nearly my own life. seeing sangwoo in the games was a turning point, i could tell his feelings remained, but i had moved on, with y/n, i had to get out of there for y/n, not sangwoo, the man who broke my heart all those years ago. surprisingly the front man had thrown me into my home town of ssangmun-dong, and my initial thought was to run straight to y/n. i didn't care about the money, i cared about them, i left them for a whole week with no note or anything, they were probably worried sick. as i run towards our little home, rain was pouring and i felt like i was in some soppy romance film, although there wasn't much to love about where i was. before i knew it, i made it to the house, and luckily found the spare key under the plant pot. yes we were plant parents of course. i slowly unlock and open the door until i see y/n. i'm met with a clinging hug and tears. "y-y/n" i say...

y/n's pov:
i cry with tears of joy, until i stop myself and bring gi hun inside from the rain. oh boy he had some questions coming his way. we sit down at the table where gi hun gulps down his dinner, what happened? i let him finish and we make our way over to the sofa, where i would finally get some answers. gi hun sighed "i know you have so many questions, and rightly so, i am so fucking sorry for leaving you", tears streaming down his face. i felt awful, here i was questioning if he had left me, and he's broken. "i'm sure you remember when i told you that i was going away to a friends right?" he asks, i nod in return. "well...let's just say that i was away playing some very excruciating games and won a whole load of cash, and that all my debts will instantly be payed off and we can get out of here and go?!" he says in a hurry, luckily i caught what he said. "i don't think i'm ready to tell you everything, i will in due time, i have lots to do before we leave but i promise we will" he continues. i just lean over and hug him again and smothering him with small pecks of love. "gi, it's okay, i understand, whenever you're ready you can tell me" i reply. sure, knowing everything would be better but he wasn't ready, and i wouldn't push it to escalate into an unwanted argument. instead, i just comforted gi hun, playing with his hair and he let out light snores, clearly he has been through something awful, and rest is what he needs.