Chapter 5: The Valkyrie Trials Pt.1

March 14th 2014 / St. Freya Academy

The next week, comes the start of the Valkyrie trials. Specifically, the first exam of the written section, which is the math exam.

Currently, all of the students are sitting quietly in their class, completely focused on the test sheets on the table in front of them. The classroom is completely silent, only the sounds of pens writing on paper could be heard.

In the back corner of the room, is where the four transfer students are sitting. Bronya answers every question with a hundred percent confidence. Having no trouble at all in every subject.

Akiri and Mei were having no difficulties answering, however, they were not doing as good as Bronya, as some of the harder questions had given them some trouble answering.

Kiana on the other hand, saying that she was struggling was an understatement. With her not at all paying attention to class as well as spending zero time studying, she practically just left it all to a roll of a dice and had even left some of the questions blank.

(Timeskip)

Four straight days of written exams later, it is finally time for what most of the students here call the fun part; the field exam.

The whole class is now gathered at the training field in front of their teacher.

Himeko: Alright. I will now explain to you what you will be doing in the field trials

She said as everyone went silent and paid full attention to what she is saying.

Himeko: The rules are simple. Each squad will work together to finish a series of simulated battles, divided into stages. Should you fail to complete a stage, you will not be allowed to continue

She explained as they all listened carefully to her instructions.

Himeko: The simulated Honkai Beasts this time, would not be the same as what you are used to during combat classes. They will emit Honkai radiation to closely mimic real-life conditions. Don't worry, they won't be lethal. However your body will get tired more quickly, so keep that in mind

Murmurs can be heard as she said that, before falling to silence again as Himeko continued to speak.

Himeko: You will be judged accordingly by your individual skills and coordination with your teammates. Extra points will be awarded if you manage to advance to the higher stages. Any questions?

She asked and one of the girls raises her hands.

Girl: What about our equipment?

Himeko: You can use the equipment provided by the school. You may also bring your personal equipment. However, the use of Battlesuits that are of the 3rd generation and above is strictly forbidden. Any more questions?

She asked again, this time everyone is silent.

Himeko: Good. Now, everyone get ready. The first squad is up in one hour

Everyone: Yes ma'am!

(Timeskip)

A while later, the four members of Valkyrie Squad V are now currently in the changing room, getting ready for their upcoming trials.

Due to the fact that there are no dedicated changing rooms for boys, Akiri had to change in the same room as the girls, despite Kiana's loud protests. They eventually agreed that as long as the boy keeps his eyes towards the lockers in front of him, he should be safe from the girls' wrath.

Everyone was quietly putting on their outfits in front of their lockers, all of them feeling somewhat tense and nervous for the upcoming field trial. However, unexpectedly, it is Kiana who is the one who is most troubled of them all.