Chapter 30: Journey for Tomorrow

???: Mei-senpai...

A familiar voice spoke out, and Mei finally saw that she was being held by none other than Kiana Kaslana, the very girl they sought to rescue.

Mei: Kiana-chan?

She muttered the girl's name in a mix of relief and confusion.

Mei: Kiana-chan, are you okay?

Kiana: I'm good... I've never been better...

The white-haired girl utters with a smile as her azure blue irises start to shift to a glowing orange colour, causing confusion to set in for Mei.

Kiana?: I felt as though I'd been given a second life!

Kiana's voice changes as if another voice is overlapping with hers as long levitating spears materialize behind her on one side, and on the other, translucent orange wings appear, and her battlesuit changes to a black and white dress.

Mei: Kiana-chan...?

Kiana?: I'm so happy to see you beside me when I woke up. Now, it's time for us to become one once again, my other half...

Kiana raised her arm and reached her hand towards Mei's chest.

But suddenly, Mei's body started to spark with purple electricity, causing Kiana to release Mei and drop her to the ground, the girl landing on the Hyperion's top deck.

???: We're too late!

A familiar voice rang out in Mei's head, she recognized the voice to be her own, yet different, in other words, the voice of the 3rd Herrscher.

3rd Herrscher: She's been taken over by the Honkai! She's extremely dangerous

Mei: Extremely dangerous...

Mei repeated as she got up to her feet, her eyes locked on to Kiana. But other than bearing the same body, it is clear that the girl in front of her is no longer Kiana Kaslana.

Mei: But that is why... I'm not letting go of her!

3rd Herrscher: Hmph... Alright. I'll lend you my strength. Don't disappoint me

Mei tightened her grip on the handle of her katana as purple electricity started to spark violently around her, her body emanating a purple glow.

Mei: Kiana... I won't leave you behind... Because I know you'll never give up on me as well!

Charged with the powers of the 3rd Herrscher, Mei blitzed towards the possessed Kiana, closing the gap between them within a second. She swings her katana, the blade directed at the girl in front of her, only to be stopped by a spiralling lance, materializing in its path.