Chapter 27: Echoes of the Past

Akiri and the rest of Squad V are currently looking at Bronya through a large panel of glass. The unconscious girl is lying on a hospital bed, being treated by a group of doctors and specialists.

Theresa then walked up to them and turns her head and looked at Bronya.

Theresa: She'll be okay, we have the best doctors here in St. Freya. They will be able to help her, I'm sure of it

The group looked at Theresa, they know she is trying her best to cheer them up, but it seems that none of them can shake off their worries.

A moment of silence later, Kiana then spoke up.

Kiana: Yeah... Yeah! I'm sure Bronya will be okay!

Mei nods in agreement.

Mei: Bronya will go through this

Himeko: Yeah, she's a strong girl. We need to have faith in her

They felt their spirits were lifted a bit.

Akiri then walked to Theresa and tapped her shoulder. Theresa looked at Akiri to see that he was motioning with his head, seemingly wanting her to follow her away from the others. The boy then walked a few distances away, and Theresa followed him.

Akiri: That was a lie wasn't it?

He asked as soon as he was sure they were away from prying ears.

Theresa: ...

Theresa averted her gaze to the floor, having difficulty answering his question. Looking at how she reacted, he already knows the answer.

Akiri: Miss Theresa. I need to know the truth

Theresa: ...Even the doctors were unsure if they could save her... Worst-case scenario, she'll be in a coma for years, or she won't be able to wake up at all

She finally lifts her head to look at the boy.

Theresa: Only a miracle could save her now

Himeko: Akiri

They heard Himeko call his name and they turned to see that she and the others are approaching them.

Himeko: I think it's time you give us some explanations

Kiana: Yeah! How the heck did you do that yesterday?

They asked, referring to what they'd witnessed in the last fight, when Akiri seemingly had conjured Xuanyuan swords out of thin air and used them to defeat Anti-Entropy's super weapon.

Mei: Akiri, you... have one inside of you too, don't you...? A Herrscher core...

They all glanced at Mei with a look of surprise.

The boy takes a deep breath before answering.

Akiri: Yeah... Although, what's inside of me is only part of a Herrscher core. It's altered in a way to act like some sort of artificial core, at least, that's how Eins described it...

Theresa: So you have Herrscher powers, but you still have control of yourself...

Akiri: Pretty much. But my powers are only a fraction of that of a real Herrscher

Kiana: Then the swords we saw... That was your-

Akiri: Yes. As long as I understand its molecular structure, I'm able to make a copy of anything using Honkai energy. Well, in theory anyway. But as I said, my powers are limited, so I could only materialize only the simplest of objects. Like a sword

Theresa: But yesterday, you projected the Xuanyuan sword, a lot of them. Those are Divine Keys, objects of extraordinary power. How are you able to...

Akiri: That, I'm not sure myself...