Chapter 35: Drifter

The girl stood in the midst of a vast, bleached desert. The sky above is dark, but full of tiny white dots, the glow of distant stars shining brilliantly.

She stands amongst a small group of warriors. They have one mission. The final battle of this long war will be fought here on the earth's natural satellite.

???: Prepare yourself, HUA

The white-haired male standing next to her spoke, gazing towards the blue marble in the distance.

???: According to MEI’s calculations, “she” would be here shortly…

Girl: KEVIN, I hope humanity will survive this

Kevin: They will. Just look above to quell your doubts

The girl raises her head to see her home, Earth, an azure blue orb suspended in the great yawning void. The planet’s deep blue curves emitted a warming halo that seemed to repel the surrounding darkness.

Her eyes widened slightly. It was a spectacular view, one that reminded her of everything she fought for, and the reason she fought for them.

.

.

.

.

.

Currently, inside of an abandoned apartment room, Kiana is seen sleeping on the floor with her back against the wall. On the bed next to her, is an unconscious Rita.

It has been a few hours since the two made their escape from Heliopolis. Kiana had brought Rita to a safe location after she suddenly fell unconscious.

As she was sleeping, Kiana was then stirred awake as if she was disturbed by something.

Fu Hua: Kiana? 

Kiana hears Fu Hua’s voice from within her mind, speaking with a concerned tone. The girl looks up to see Fu Hua, kneeling beside her with a worried expression.

Kiana: …Did I fall asleep? 

Fu Hua: Yes. But you seemed like you didn't have a peaceful rest. Did you have a nightmare?

Kiana: Kinda…? I dreamed that I was on the moon right before some big fight. I was talking to some guy who looked familiar… I don't know who he was but he called me “HUA”...

Fu Hua was shocked to hear what Kiana had said, but she didn't show it.

Fu Hua: …Those were my experiences, Kiana. Because of us being bound by Fenghuang Down, it seems that you could also see my memories

Kiana: You have memories of being on the moon? Who exactly are you, Fu Hua…?

Fu Hua: I didn't tell you many things because they may sound unbelievable. I'm not just a Schicksal Valkyrie. My life stretched all the way back to the Previous Era. I am a survivor of an ancient time

Kiana: Wha…? I always felt that you were special, but what you said just now is just… unbelievable…

Kiana then falls silent to take time and process what she just heard. A torrent of questions flooded her mind.

Kiana: Then… Who’s the guy talking to you on the moon?

Fu Hua: Kevin Kaslana. The founding father of your House. He’s also a Previous Era survivor of the Final Battle…

She explained.

Fu Hua: He’s the greatest defender of humanity. At least, that was the way it should’ve been if he were to fall in that battle… But the Final Battle ended with such cruelty that it changed both me and Kevin. If he was still alive to take part in that battle, I bet it would've changed Akiri too…

Fracturization (Honkai Impact X OC/Male Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara