The Capital

Subaru and Rem were at the village, Subaru was doing exercises with the villagers while Rem watched with a smile.

"And now... VICTORY"

The whole village then shouted along with Subaru

"VICTORY!"

Rem seeing that Subaru was done decided to talk to him

"Subaru-Kun, it nice to see you and the villages getting along."

Subaru smiled 

"Well, I did risk my life to save them so it makes sense that they like me."

"Well, Subaru-Kun  are we done with the village for today?"

"Yeah I've don't everything that I need to, let's go back to the mansion."

The kids swarmed Subaru 

"Aww, man are you leaving already?"

"Please don't go so soon."

"Play with us more!"

Subaru just smiled

"Sorry kiddos I've gotta get back to work, less I dare upset the small, scary Ram."

Rem pouted a little

"Subaru-Kun... please don't insult sisters size."

"Heh heh, ok just for you Rem-rin."

So Subaru and Rem began walking back.

"Say Rem, isn't the village lovely?"

"Why do you ask Subaru-Kun."

"Well it's just a peaceful place to be, birds are singing while the flowers are blooming. Perfect weather for a game of catch."

Rem smiled

"Subaru-Kun,  do you like birds and flowers? You always seem to refer to them."

"Oh right, I dunno. It's just always felt like the right thing to say I can't explain it myself."

"If you say so Subaru-Kun."

Rem and Subaru continued walking until they reached the mansion but when they arrived they saw a dragon carriage parked and an old man was standing next to it.

"Oh, that's new, heya Rem-rin, who's the old man?"

Rem turned around a little shocked

"Subaru-kun! That old man is the sword demon."

"Oh, a demon. Well if he's a demon are you related?"

"Wha n-no he's not a biological demon. Demon is just a nickname given by his peers for how skilled he is with a sword."

"Ohhhhh ok I understand. Welp let's get back to work and let him... stand."

"Well said Subaru-kun we can't let him distract us from our duties."

So Subaru and Rem walked past the sword demon ignoring him.

Subaru was cleaning a window as Ram was insulting him until Roswaal walked in.

"Hellooooooo I see you've all working diligently."

"Oh heya Roswaal, what's up?"

"Well I'm sureeee as you've noticed, we have a guest outside, Subaruuuuu I thought for sure you would have greeted him."