Chapter 2

When I woke up I felt powerful, to say the least so I decided its time to spruce up my life so I put on a hoodie and some shorts and went to the corner store. That's when I saw him, Brian Santo, he's a "bad boy" at my school but to me, he wasn't he just acted like he was bad and entitled and very stuck up but he was kinda cute not gonna lie. I went in and got Whiskey and a snack. That wasn't really"sprucing" up my life but it was a start. Then he realized me as I was walking out of the store.

"Hey, beautiful."He said in a soft calmed voice much unlike his "gangsta" voice at school.

"Why are you talking to me douchebag?"

"So you're calling me "douchebag" now? In 8th grade, I thought it was Brian."

"Ok then "Brian" ."

I decided this conversation was over I was gonna miss my SAT again. But to him, it was a different setting. As I walked off he grabbed my hand and I had a flash of memory of when my dad grabbed me yesterday. I pushed his hand off my mine showing signs that I didn't want him to touch me.

"What's wrong?"He said as he cared. "I know you want me to date you."

That's when I realized this was a joke.

"Look, even if you were cute enough to date me or I even liked you id stay far away from you, You've dated like every girl in this neighborhood.

"Well, that's an over-"

Before he could even finish I walked off. I had zero time for his talking. To be honest I felt sad knowing I liked Brian before but he changed so I just decided to put my whiskey away. When I got to school I was early and decided to do the SAT immediately as I got there. When I was done I met up with Cors(Coraline) in the school cafeteria.

"Hey Cors."

"Oh hey, Kris."

"Why do you sound so sad?"

"Oh, it's nothing. Sorry"

"Cors you can talk to me. I promise"

She put her tray down and dragged me with her to the school bathroom.

"Kris, I need you to not tell anyone not even Mr.Buccherman."

"Sure, I promise."

That's when she said she was abused by one of her SAT invigilators. I comforted her and told her it was okay not being brave enough to open up about myself. I decided to keep her secret and help her heal. We decided to hang out after school at our favorite spot under the apple tree. We met up and I bought my Whiskey. I never had that much fun and we decided to go for a walk to clear our minds and that's when I realized it was getting dark but for once I didn't care. That's when I decided to leave Cors and head home as mom was most likely worried. While passing the corner shop I saw him again. But this time he started following me.

"Hey, Kris."

"And who told you to call me Kris?"

"No one, Look I'm sorry about this morning."

"Your sorry for no reason. We both know you did that because your friends were around."

"Trust me its nothing like that, it's just-"

"Look Brian I don't know why you're trying to "rekindle" our friendship or whatever but we aren't friends anymore and never will be."

"But, why?"

"Maybe because in 8th grade you legit laughed in my face when your "friend" who as we both knew HATED you rejected me."

"I'm sorry about that I was a bit naive."

"Mhm, we both know."

"So, You want someone to walk you home?"

"No douchebag."

"Come on, it'll be like old days."

"Hm, "I thought for a second. "Sure."

"Okay great."

I don't wanna lie we had a nice catching up and was considering his offer to be friends again. He was interesting. As we were about to part ways I interrupted

"I have a question."

He turned around "Yeah?"

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you wanna be friends again?"

"Well, I miss us and I need friends."

"You have Vero and the gang though?"

"Yeah but, it's not the same as how me and you are and it's okay if you don't wanna take up my offer."

"Oh about that I'd love to be friends."

"Oh wow, thanks. See u at school tomorrow?

"Yeah of course. See u tomorrow."

I got inside the house and no one was there so I checked the fridge. Mom was at work and obviously, dad was at a bar or the mechanic shop. I had the house to myself. I laid in bed thinking about what Brian said. He meant it. That night I decided to make a journal so to clear my mind and write I decided to go sit on the sidewalk outside. I wrote my heart away and made a poem.

If only they knew what it's like to live

in a shadow.

Of a pretty girl

who is quiet and sweet.

But still, her heart is

broken into pieces.

She loves to laugh but shows 

little emotion.

But she will always be 

No one.

                                                                     YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF

                                                                                   CHAPTER 2