Chapter 9

"Mom?"

"Hunny."My pale limping mother cried. "I missed you so much are you alright?"

"Im good."

"Wheres your father?"

I looked at my mother , tears in my eyes. And sadly said 

"He's in the hospital"

My mother looked at me fear in her face.

"Why?"

"He got attacked mom , shes out for us."

"Who is?" My mother said concern in her voice.

"Vero."

"That girl that goes to your school?"

Then suddenly as i was about to answer i heard a knock at my door. I got up to go answer it but my mother held my hand. 

"No, sit."

She went to the door limping and asked  ,

"Who is there?"

"Its me, Brian."

My mother quickly opened the door a smile appearing on her face.

"Brian my dear."

Brian gasped slowly then said,

"Mrs.Swatt, you're home!Kris has been worried sick about you.How are you feeling?"

My mother led him in and closed the door.

"Well im feeling much better than before. And hows the family?", My mother asked.

"Everything's going great, your daughter's been making me feel much better." Brian looked at me with a smirk flashing from ear to ear.

I giggled.

My mother stared at me as if she was asking "Whats going on?"

Brian quickly excused himself and grabbed my hand, running upstairs with me as mom watched and smiled.

"You seem energetic today, did something happen?" I asked.

"Energetic? I need money Krissy, my mother's sick." Brian said on the verge of tears.

I sat on the bed beside him, rubbing his back. I said in a calm tone, " Brian, you and I know im not one to ask for money, but whats wrong with your mom?"

Brian looked at me and started to speak, " She got diagnosed with colon cancer, I dont know if she'll survive, shes been bed-ridden for the past 4 days." He paused then began to speak again , " The doctor says if she doesnt get surgery in 3 weeks, she will die."

All this time Brian was speaking I was getting flashes of myself drowning in a pool of blood. I suddenly started to hyperventilate and next thing i knew i woke up in a hospital.

I looked to my right, and saw my mother bawling her eyes out.