CHAPTER 4

When mom was taken away I started bawling and screaming. She was the only person I had left and I couldn't lose her. My dad came home and looked sober so I started punching him and kicking him.

"YOU DID THIS TO HER U BASTARD I HATE YOU!"

"Honey, what are you talking about?"He said sounding confused.

"YOU MADE MOM GO TO THE HOSPITAL I HATE YOU I WISH YOU HAD DIED IN THAT CAR INSTEAD OF SAM!"

That's when I realized my words.

"What did you just say to me?"

"Dad I'm sorry.."

"I RAISED YOU WITH YOUR MOM YES I ABUSED YOU BUT I DIDN'T WALK OUT ON YOU! I LOVE YOU KRIS."My dad shouted tears welling up in his eyes.

I'd hurt him.

"Dad I'm so sorry I didn't mean it."

He was already out the door. Now, who is Sam you may be asking? Sam was my 7-year-old brother who died in a car accident 3 years ago. When he left the family broke apart and that's how dad got addicted. I always had hallucinations of seeing him and him telling me it was gonna be okay. If only he was here life would be better. I heated some lasagna my mom had made and I went to bed. I forgot about Brian.

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my door. I ran down and opened the door to see Brian and I jumped.

"Good morning, you're that surprised to see me?"

"Good morning and no," I said while wiping my eyes.

Brian suddenly looked at me head to toe and asked 

"Why are you dressed like you just woke up?"

"Maybe because I just woke up?"

"Dude. It's 7:45 A.M"

"WHAT?"I said while running up the stairs. I was gonna be late. Quickly I put on sweatpants and a hoodie, not even being able to slide into my new clothes. While me and Brian walked to school he asked

"How come you woke up so late?"

Suddenly the trauma of yesterday came back and I hurriedly responded with

"Oh, nothing I just went to bed late."

"Oh, okay."

We got to school and of course, Vero greeted Brian.

"Hey, babe."

Brian looked at her and there were crickets for a few seconds until Brian broke the silence.

"You're talking to me?"

"Yes, babe. Don't be silly."

"When did we-"

Before Brian could finish his sentence she grabbed him and kissed him.

"Babe, see you at lunch, "Vero said and winked while walking away.

Brians' face was stuck in shock mode. As Vero walked away she flipped me off and mouthed "Stay away from him puta ."I was fluent in Spanish so I knew what that meant. Brian said he didn't expect that and I said id see him after classes.

I skipped lunch and went to see mom, she was in a coma. I told her I was sorry for everything. I went to Sam's grave and told him life fell apart when he died. I skipped school and laid beside him and told him about my day. Until it got late and I went home. I made macaroni pie in case dad wanted dinner. I forgave him and accepted that life isn't gonna be perfect. Before I went to bed I wrote two sentences.

                                                                                      10/25/2021

Sams dead. It hurts.

                                                                     CHAPTER 4 

                                                                   HAS ENDED!

A/N:

AHH ty for 8 reads, so sorry this one is short lol. I was kinda in a rush but ill update later!