The Tesla project

Chapter 1: Death bed  

January 6, 1943, Manhattan

Thomas Martiz Looked down at his mentor he knew he would not live much longer he had a day at max. He started to leave the room when he heard a hoarse voice call out "Thomas.....Wait" Thomas dashed over, this was the first time his mentor had spoke in days. "Yes sir right away." Thomas Shouted as he made his way back over. "Take them....takes them and hide them they can't be allowed into the wrong hands" Tesla said weakly pointing over to his journals. Thomas picked up the journals just as there was a knock on the door. "Go...now and don't come back" Tesla said hoarsely. Thomas ran out the back door and down the street towards his apartment . He looked back at the building which he came and saw it was surrounded by police, they were everywhere around it. He ran down the block into his apartment and put Tesla's journals into his daughter's jewelry box.

He breathed a sigh of relief, and woke his daughter. "Come on dear your going to your mother's house, daddy has work to do. " He helped his daughter pack and handed her the jewelry box and a letter to give to her mom. "Take this letter to your mother and put the jewelry box in a safe place." he said, hailing a taxi and hand in him a wad cash " Take her 340 Pike Street its in Boston don't stop." he demanded and the taxi peeled out driving away. He waved as the car pulled out a small tear rolling down his eye knowing he would probably never see her again.Thomas waited inside His house and at 6:34 Pm there was a knock on the door. Reluctantly He walked to the door. A loud Bang sounded throughout the neighborhood, and Thomas Martiz was no more.

Thomas' daughter Sally Martiz Walked up the snow covered walk to her mother's house. her mother unaware of her daughter's coming ran up to her asking if everything was alright. She unpacked her bags forgetting about the letter and jewelry box. The box sat there for years and eventually made its way to the attic forgotten. The letter also ended up in the attic forgotten just in the same as the box