The Mystery Deepens

Jake groaned as his alarm went off. He had only been here for two days, but his mom insisted he start school right away. He got ready and headed out the door, The school was only a block from his house so he walked there. When he walked in he was amazed...at how dull the school was. The walls were plain white the lockers also. The doors were some type of metal the only windows were on the front and back doors. It was more a prison than a school.

He walked into his English class and saw on the board in large print "Inventors Project Due January 17". The teacher looked up and said "Aw you must be our new student welcome to English 10 I'm your teacher Mrs. Hales. We started an inventor project yesterday "  she pulled out a book and looked through it. " The only inventor left is Nikola Tesla so you will be using him for your project" She continued. "Great just great." Jake muttered under his breath as he sat down in his seat. The rest of the day went normally being introduced by countless teachers to countless students, being given countless papers and project information. 

When he arrived home he got on his laptop and searched for Nikloa Tesla. He was astounded at all the search results, he decided to click on a website called teslasociety.com. He looked over Tesla's biography and other pages, then stopped suddenly seeing a page entitled "Tesla's lost journals". He clicked on the page and read. "At the time of Tesla's death many journals of his went missing it is estimated that at least six are missing, according to what we know Tesla codded his journals so they could only be read by someone who had specific instructions on how to decode them. 

He ran to his room and got the journals and started flipping through them to find some type of decoder, finding none he ran up to the attic to look for more clues. He tore the attic apart, after what seemed like hours he sat on the ground and just stared at the floor. He was tired, dirty and made no progress finding any type of decoder, as he stared at the floor he noticed in between a crack in the floor was a letter still sealed. He kept staring at the letter and realized the seal on it was a T as in Tesla. He ran to grab some tools and removed the floor boards. He picked up the letter carefully opening it and read: 

" My dearest Joan by the time you read this I will be gone. This letter contains very specific instructions, Is important you follow you them to the letter:

Open sally's jewelry box and take out the books and the key. Then Go to the backyard and walk half a mile in the woods you will find a small building use the key to open it.

 Love Thomas" 

Jake got up and sprinted to his room grabbing the key and running to the back yard. He ran into the woods until he came to a very small half ruined shack. He opened a piece of rotted wood he assumed used to be the door. He walked inside looking around" The door had no keyhole so there must be another door" He took a step forward looking around and fell through a rotted trapdoor.