The Cipher

Jake woke up several hours later covered in dirt and dust. He got up groaning in pain, and turned on the flashlight on his phone, he stumbled around until he found a light switch and turned it on. A loud mechanical roar sounded throughout the room and the walls begin to glow, light began to fill the room and on the floor through a layer of dust Jake saw it. A giant cipher wheel carved into the floor.he began to decode the journal page after page.

After several hours he finally decoded the first journal and decided to take a look around him. The room was filled with many electric devices that were one despite the fact nothing was plugged in.He looked at his phone and noticed it was charging. The corner of the room contained shelves lined with books and a chair. directly in front of him there was a large iron door. Jake tried to open it but found it stuck in place, after several attempts he gave up and started to look for a way up. He found a small old ladder, climbing up it carefully he got out and ran home in the dead of night.

        He returned to home and noticed the time, it was 2 in the morning his mom would kill him if she found out. He tried sneaking to his room but when he got inside he found his mom waiting for him “Where have you been young man?” she asked a notable anger in her voice. “I was...uh…..Outside” Jake managed to choke out as a response. “You do not stay outside till 2 AM you know you are supposed to be inside and in the house before 11! Tomorrow you will be cleaning the basement as punishment mister!”She screamed before slamming the door and heading off to bed.