4 + 1, say my name (t*)

summary: four times tian calls his boyfriend chief and the one time he says his name

1.

Tian was not expecting Chief Phupha to share the same feelings as him, but somehow he had liked him as well. The Chief was always scolding him, frowning at him sternly and constantly teasing Tian for anything and everything he did, so Tian thought it was a one-sided crush all along. What he didn't expect the most was for Phupha to confess first.

They were drinking at Tian's home on a weekend, alcohol thanks to the Chief who had gifted it to him with no reason given from the older male. Tian didn't want to question him further, thinking Phupha would take it back if he pried. After a few glasses, Chief Phupha had slammed his cup down and confidently announced, "Tian, I like you!"

Tian froze, holding his own glass in the air as he dumbly blinked, wondering if he heard the male right or if he was already drunk. "What?" he asked.

"I said!" Phupha said, less confidently now as he avoided Tian's stare and instead examined the wooden floorboards, "I like you. Tian...a lot."

"What?" Tian repeated stupidly, mind blanking out as he tried to figure out if he was drunk or if he had already passed out and was dreaming. Resting his glass on the floor, he pinched his arm and yelped when it hurt. Definitely not a dream.

"I said — " the Chief began once more, but Tian held up a hand to stop him with a blush scattering his cheeks.

"I heard you," Tian told him, dropping his hand after and just staring at the Chief in bewilderment. "I just...didn't expect this."

"I just, I thought," Phupha began, Tian watching the older man fumble with his words. It wasn't like the Chief to be this frazzled and panicked, only amazing Tian at how different he's become — how cute he's become. "I just wanted to let you know. About my feelings...uhm. I should stop talking, or I can go if you're uncomfortable...should I go?"

Tian couldn't help but break out into a smile, giggling first before immediately shaking his head at the Chief's question.

"No?" Phupha asks, eyes filled with worry.

"No," Tian confirms with a nod, his hands busy as he moves their glasses and plate of snacks away to leave the area between them bare. He scoots himself toward the older male after, holding both of his hands up.

Phupha only stares at them in confusion.

"Hands," Tian tells him, wiggling his fingers in invitation. Phupha brings his own up toward Tian's as the younger laces their fingers together. He's always wanted to hold them; wanted to see the difference between their hands and wanted to feel how Phupha's hands felt compared to his own.

"What are you doing?" the Chief asks, breaking the silence between them. He seemed back to his self - composed, relaxed, and calm.

Tian looks up, meeting the Chief's eyes. "What do you like about me?" he asks him seriously, curiously.

Phupha stares, not had expecting Tian to ask him such a question. "Well," he begins, straightening his back to relax, "I like seeing you teach. I like seeing you around the children. I think you look really happy when you're with them. I like the smile you get and how softly you speak with them. It makes me wish you spoke that way with me."

"I don't speak that way with you?" Tian asks, raising his eyebrows in tease as he catches Phupha's nervous eyes.

"Sometimes you do," Phupha answers honestly, "but it's rare...I hate how stubborn you are though and you do things without thinking them through."