with meaning (t*)

summary: It makes Mix tilt his head, pondering in thought with wonder why this man could just kiss him with hot fury and warmth and then just walk away.

or earthmix talk about their kiss

[writer's note: highkey a continuation of my other em fic, 'if only' but it can be read separately.]

-

Mix observes the male intently, watching him tickle Brighton as she rolls around on his lap and making Earth laugh at his daughter's cuteness. He coos, pitching his voice high as he sweetly praises her before gently picking her up and nuzzling his face into her fur. It was cute as it always was, but Mix wasn't enjoying the sweet scene today. Instead, it made him contemplate.

It makes Mix tilt his head, pondering in thought with wonder why this man could just kiss him with hot fury and warmth, hold him so safely like home and then just walk away; it makes Mix wonder why this man could leave Mix with high adrenaline and repeated memories from parted touches and soft lips, leave him panting and needing more; It makes Mix question why Earth didn't do anything, say anything the following days after, not showing one ounce of curiosity nor emotion to their shared intimate moment.

It left Mix by himself with his thoughts. All he could do was think - think and think and think about the particular evening, relive it in his memory like a daily routine he couldn't forget and wonder when it could happen again. Until when could he feel Earth's lips on his own, exciting his body like fireworks that seemed never-ending; until when can he feel the older's rough hands holding onto his waist like a protective barrier, away and safe from the world; until when can he feel his deep huffs of breath against his skin while they take in each other's scents.

Mix squints his eyes as he continues to watch Earth, seeing him put down Brighton to which she immediately runs away to play with a random cat toy a few feet away. When Mix notices Earth look up at him, he quickly rips his gaze away from him to the TV, pretending to be interested in the series playing on the screen.

"Mix," Earth says normally, tone deep. Mix urges himself not to bite his bottom lip as he hums in response, not taking his eyes off from the TV. Earth continues, "Follow me."

Mix looks at him then (stomach erupting in butterflies by the order), noticing Earth already at his feet and making his way upstairs. He quickly shuts the TV off and follows the older male, curious to why Earth wanted him. Mix quirks an eyebrow at himself, wondering if maybe they were finally going to talk.

Once they were upstairs, Earth walks into his bedroom with Mix right behind him. Voice strong and clear, he speaks, "Close the door behind you."

Mix does as told, heart nervous for what's to come. Before he could ask, however, a hand was suddenly slammed against the door beside his face. Spinning around in surprise, Mix sees Earth stood right in front of him, head tilted lightly to the side as the older man stared down at him with dark eyes. Mix could only stare at him back, mouth agape with the beat of his heart stuck at his throat, making it difficult to question anything and everything. He wanted to ask him what and why, but he also didn't want to interrupt the moment, afraid it'll only stop Earth from doing what Mix was hoping.

Mix closes his mouth, body relaxing with still a few nervous flies buzzing around his stomach from the way Earth was leaning towards him so seductively. He looked at Mix with intensity, like he was holding himself back. Mix's hands fly upward, resting on his P' Earth's clothed chest as he continues to stare into his eyes with challenge.

"P'Earth," Mix says sweetly.

Earth watches as Mix glides his hands smoothly over the taller's broad shoulders. Mix notices his gaze soften, reminding him of the many times Earth had stated his eyes don't lie. Mix smiles at the memory.