11. Just Let Us Be

«...𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾?...»

"Why are you so pressed to know about my boyfriend?"

Jungkook asked his mother who have one hand scratch out, wanting his son's phone to see the picture of his boyfriend.

"I'm your mother, of course I want to know" she playoff.

Jungkook look at Jimin raising his eyebrow. Jimin just shrugged, also didn't know what's up with their mother.

She rarely pulls the mother's card. A bit suspicious but nothing too much because yeah she is right.

Of course she want to know. But what make him confused was the reaction. There's no exited in his voice or face when she asked the picture.

"Come on, why are you hiding your boyfriend from me?" His mother asked.

Jungkook sigh. Sooner or later she will know. Besides, maybe he can know what the cause of his mother's nervousness.

Jungkook pull out his phone and went to the gallery. Select a random picture and show it to his mother.

His mother took the phone and look at the picture. Her face change from nervous, realization, disgust and finished with angriness.

"This is your boyfriend?" She asked and Jungkook nod as a confirmation.

Jungkook's heart stops for a moment and completely drop when his mother glared at him and throw his phone at him.

"Break up with him" that's all she said.

Jungkook frown he is not going to give in if he didn't know the reason. "Why? What's the reason?"

"He is not a good person. He will break your heart anytime" his mother said with angriness.

But her sentence didn't seem worried to him. It's.... disappointment? Or grudge?  He doesn't know. He can't describe it.

"What make you think that?" Jungkook asked again. He is confused by the sudden behavior of his mother. Looking at Jimin, his brother also have the same confuse expressions.

His mother sigh. Her feature went soft. ‹what?› Jungkook thought, confused.

"Okay, invite your so-called boyfriend over tomorrow then I will explain, yeah?" She asked sickly sweet.

Jimin stand up slowly from his seat to his brother. He also didn't know why his mother react like that.

Jimin take his brother's shaking hand, guiding him to his room.

Jungkook is still in shock. He didn't know his mother will react that way. She was so supportive. She even accepts his sexuality.

What change?

Is it have something to do with Taehyung? Is it Taehyung family? But his mother only see his face. His mother didn't even know his boyfriend's name.

Jimin lay Jungkook down on his bed, then lay beside him. Wrapping his hand around the younger as a comfort.

Jungkook look at his brother. His face was still lost. "What did he do hyung" his voice is small and fragile.

Jimin sigh. He also didn't know, how is he supposed to answer that. "I don't kookie. I don't know"

Jungkook hummed and snuggle on Jimin's chest. He need to get his mind off this.

Jimin continues stroking his brother's hair. Lulling him to sleep.