01||Letter

"Hey there's a letter for you ".Yusuf handed me what looks like a white envelope. I frown, stopping my hands that was filling up my plate with biryani. "Who is it from?" I snatch it away from him in light speed.

"How would I know dimwit ". He flicks his finger at my forehead. "Ouchh..", i hiss.

Jerk.

Ummi gives him a condescending glare, "Yusuf.. what'd i told you about hitting your sister?". I stuck my tongue out at him with a smirk.

"Jeez.. i barely touched that dummy..",he mutters under his breath while he reaches for the shawarma. But ummi stopped him before he could grab one. "Nuh uh, no. I will not have you calling your sibling names".

"Oh come on- you have to admit. It's hilarious because it fits her pretty well doesn't it?",he laughs but ummi was not amused and neither was i.

"Sorry i think the only dummy here is you're terrible sense of style- i mean-- what the heck are you wearing?". I eye him from head to toe.

Why is he wearing those rings and necklaces? What is he a woman?

She then turns to me," Aiyla not you too-". "It's called fashion if you've ever heard of it", he clenches his teeth. "Sure if you wanna dress like a girl", i mock.

"Shut up dummy", he snaps.

"Shut up dummy~", i repeat him mockingly.

Yusuf was so close to reaching his arms and punching me in the nose but he held back. "I thought so..", i mumble under my breath but just my luck, he heard it and it made him snap.

He pushes the chair away and ran to get me. I immediately stand up and ran like my life depends on it. Cuz it does.

"You little- ". I yelped as he got a hold of my hair. Suddenly the whole table had a commotion. Khalid didn't even bother to spare a glance at us and continued eating his food, unbothered and probably tired of our bickering. Dad on the other hand, was sighing as he looks at us in distress, maybe questioning his life choices.

Hassan, my five year old little bro kept throwing food at us for some reason and then his actions are later followed by Safeeya.
"Food fight!", he jumps up and down his seat. My baby sister, clueless to the situation kept giggling while clapping both her hands.

"That's enough. Both of you-".

I yelled at him,"Eww, don't touch me with those hands- who knows where they've been". He smirks,"Then i really shouldn't tell you.. unless you want to know-". My eyes shoot open by the words. "LET. ME. GO", i literally shrieked.

"Apolagize", he demands.

"No".

"Now", he spoke through gritted teeth.

I turn my head, meeting his face with fury in my eyes.

"Over. My. Dead. Body".

"You-". Before he could finish both of us yelped by the pain inflicted towards our ears.

"Ow, ow, ow- ummi please-", Yusuf winces as our mother pulled at our earlobes. She gave us a deadly death glare and it made us shut up in an instant.