02||Dad

"What?", my dad arches a brow.

Everyone stared at me in confusion.

"I just.. got a scholarship to attend the famous private boarding school!", i jump out of my seat in excitement.

Khalid looks at me in disbelief,"You mean The St Vincent Francoise?". I nodded with a wide grin on my face and handed him the letter.

"I can't believe you got in..", he uttered while carefully reading it.

"Okay wait a second, is this the school where Michael Murphy graduated?". Ummi asks with anticipation.

"Even better", i smile.

"His dad".

She stares at me wide eyed like just had a stroke. "Subhanallah..", she mutters under her breath.

Yusuf cuts in with a frown on his face.
"You sure they sent it to the right address? Maybe there's another Aiyla Yasir waiting for her gold letter that somehow got sent to this idiot".

I should feel like choking him but i don't, not when i got this pot of precious gold in my hands.

"Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah!", ummi rushes over to give me a hug. "I'm so proud of you my darling".

I pulled her in, adrenaline rushing, tummy tingling. I feel like i could conquer the world. "I seriously can't believe i got in".

"Okay, okay i have to tell your grandparents. I'm sure they don't want to miss out on this incredible news", ummi jumped in excitement as she searches for her phone.

I just rolled my eyes with a chuckle, knowing she's going to call every living person we know.

"There is no need for that honey", Dad states in a stiff tone.

We stopped and looked at him, confusion skating across our expressions. He takes a sip of water and slowly place the glass down.

With confusing eyes, i ask him,"Why not?".

His gaze meets mine. They were cold and stern. "Because you won't be transferring schools", he said without an ounce of warmth in his tone.

It felt like there's a pit in my stomach.

What?

I ball my hands into fists. "What do you mean?".

"There is no way i am sending you to France all alone", he spoke with such ease. And it only fueld my anger. "I won't be alone. It's a school. There are other students", i state the obvious through clenched teeth.

"You're not ready".

"But-".

"No". He growls, his patience running thin, it made me flinch.

My pulse quickens it's pace, my nails digging into my palms. I feel myself boiling with frustration."How would you know when you've been trapping me here for years", my tone is sliced with venom as i look at him in contempt.

The room is filled with awkward silence. And my mood to eat quickly vanished. It doesn't happen a lot.

I push the chair away.

And storm out of the dining room, heading towards my room upstairs.

And obviously I wouldn't dare to slam my door unless I have a death wish.

But you know what?

Who gives a crap?

BANG

I do.