04||New Beginning

Travelling alone is not as easy i thought. No, infact it's so terrifying especially for ambiverts like me.

When the flight attendant asked if I would like water or anything else, I just stared at her, using telepathy to answer her question. But i have a feeling she got freaked out, because then she moved to the next person in a hurry.

I glance to the window, staring at the puffy clouds. The inner child in me couldn't help but think if they taste like cotton candy.

Masyallah.. it's beautiful..

It feels somehow like I'm watching a glimpse of heaven.

I lean by the window, while my hand  fiddles with my bracelet.

It's been three hours since we departed and I'm starting to miss my people at home. Sahara was being dramatic, she literally cried her eyeballs out, like it's the end of an era.

[ FLASHBACK ]

"Take care my darling..", Ummi holds me tight. "I will..", i bury my face into her as hot tears threaten fall. The rush of emotions choking me up.

She continues,"And please be careful with other people. Especially boys". Her face turning serious,"Zayd will be the only boy you need my darling. So there's no need for you to befriend others".

My jaw clenches slightly at the mention of his name.

"Ofcourse ummi", i swallow the bitterness down my throat.

He's the last thing i want to think about right now. Just the mere mention of his name makes my stomach churn in discomfort.

But that's a story for another time.

I turn to look at Hassan, he seems to be very quiet this whole time.

"Dude, you okay?", I nudge him.

"When are you coming back home ?", He muttered with his head down, holding back the cute baby tears.

No, don't do that..

I feel the guilt of leaving him build up inside me."Soon.. real soon. I'll be back faster than you know it", i squeeze him in my arms.

He hugs me back,"Promise me you'll be back..". I could almost sense the fear in his voice and it broke me.

"I promise buddy.. ",i brush his curly bangs away and plant a gentle kiss on his forehead.

When i turn around Khalid is already opening his arms out for a hug. A smile touches my lips and i wrap my arms around him. "Goodluck out there Aly..", he softly pats my back. I lean my head over his chest. "You too Khalid, I'm not gonna be around to stop ummi so you're on your own". I said with a chuckle and that made him grin.

I always cover for him whenever ummi set him up on a blind date. And in return he'd take me out for food shopping. It's a deal we worked out that benefits the both of us.

"Don't worry I'll manage.. somehow..", He tried hiding the look of defeat on his face but it was too obvious, it cracked me up.

"It's nice to that i don't have to see that annoying face for a while", Yusuf smirks."Well I'm glad that I won't have to deal with your ridiculous shinnanigans as well". I roll my eyes.

Then all of a sudden, in one swift motion, he grabs my arm and pulled me into his chest. It was happening way too fast that i didn't have time to process what just happened.

My body tenses.

Like a deer with headlights.

He lifts one hand and place it on my head,"Take care dummy..". Slowly, i felt my body relaxing into his arms. Then, i even went out of my way and broke one of nature's law, and hug him back.