07.5 - How To Pass the Physical Exam! Part 2

"Alright." The doctor looked to me, taking off his gloves, "You know you have a serious case here. Correct?"

"Yes." I lowered my eyes.

"Due to protocol, I have to inform you anyway."

"Yes."

"Antoinette, simply put, you are dying. One more illness and, honey, you're not going to make it that long."

"But isn't there a cure?"

"Unless you know of one."

"What about Tamaki Suou's mother?"

"Her illness wasn't as severe are yours. I'm afraid that..." the doctor trailed.

"I understand. I've heard this before."

"Does anyone know of this... condition?"

I shook my head, "My father does. An on-call medical team in Japan is aware. But other than that, no. I don't need them worrying," I motioned behind me, as I assumed Kyoya was waiting for me patiently. Judging by the soft tap of a very specific black leather show handcrafted in Italy, I'd say my assumption was correct. What was scarier was that he was getting impatient, and that meant he was beginning to suspect something was awry.

The doctor nodded, as she moved away from me, "We are sworn to secrecy," As if sensing my apprehension she added, "Even from your handsome young suitor out there. You may leave now."

The doctor turned from me, writing something on paper, and entering it into her computer. I shrugged off the idea, "He's not my... Nevermind." I huffed, hopping off the table and wandering over to the curtain. 

After pulling my dress on, and fixing my hair, I walked out. The host club had dispersed, except for Haruhi and Kyoya. 

"Antoinette-Senpai, I have a question for you," Haruhi asked. I glanced at Kyoya, who made his way to my side. "That bruise. On your cheek..." She pointed to the tentative purple and blue cheek that I had.

"Oh." I gently reached for it but hesitated. "It's nothing. I tripped on my way to class, is all." I shrugged.

Haruhi raised an eyebrow, "Does it hurt?"

"No," I replied to her curtly. Too quickly to be the truth. Kyoya scoffed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him so that my face was closer to his. He pressed into my body, making me flush at the sudden contact, "K-Kyoya!"

Then swiftly took his other hand and gently slide his two middle fingers down my cheek. I winced in pain and bit my lip, looking away. I watched as he hesitated. It had still hurt from him smacking me, on top of what had really happened.

"Liar," Kyoya narrowed his eyes, but he didn't push me back as I expected to be cast aside at the trouble I had made. I pushed myself away with two hands, to avoid his penetrating gaze I straightened and looked away, "There was no way this could've been from falling. Where are the marks on your hands, arms or knees?"

"Um..."

"What really happened?"

I sighed, "Kyoya, please don't. Don't start looking into things."

"Tell me." His order shook through me. It wasn't a threat, but instead, his usual calm and collected manner drifted, his voice shook in desperation. You'll only get hurt.

"I was hit," I confessed loosely, "A girl didn't like my relationship with the Host Club. She punched me."

"You're a martial artist." Kyoya shook his head, "Why did you-"

"Kyoya. She didn't hit me that hard-"

"Doesn't mean she had to hit you! You should've protected yourself against her. You would if it were anyone else. Why not her?" Kyoya stopped, the gleam of his glasses making me unable to read his eyes. "... It was because of me, that you were hit, wasn't it?"