How to Flashback

"Antoinette, you're a good girl."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"And your parents have been very kind to you?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"And you love Tamaki? Do you want what is best for him?"

"Of course, Ma'am."

"So why must you put them through all this trouble?"

~
What... What is this?
~

"I have a proposal." My ear pirked at the idea, as I directed my attention to the elderly lady. "For you to make up for your pathetic mistakes."

My posture fixed itself, forcing me gaze to her. I sat monotonely, my lips pursed, hands in my lap. My chin stuck out slightly, as I observed the women before me.

The women in power.

The one pulling the strings.

"Make your proposal."

"I suppose I should make this clear: This is not an offer you can simply refuse, without paying a price, Girl. This is beyond your control."

I stayed silent, as she continued. "Convince Tamaki to go to Japan. Then, You follow Tamaki off to Japan, claiming it is for your health,"

"Claiming?" I asked.

"You are to keep top watch over Tamaki. You will be his keeper. His bodyguard. Posing as his friend."

"Posing," I let out a dry chuckle, with a shake of my head. "Why me?"

"Becuase you know who the enemy is."

"What about my Mother?"

"She will remain here. In Japan, you'll be treated like a queen."

~
Is this what I've been told about?

How one sees their life, right before they...
~

"What about my Mother?" I repeated

"We can't have any outsiders. She's a commoner, after all."

"And I'm the Heir to Kage Name. I suggest you watch your tone about my Mother."

"Of course." She nodded. "What I meant to say, is that she will be handled here, we will tske care of her."

"And if I refuse to follow with your plan?"

"My girl, if you ever return here, your Mother won't be the only one in danger."

"Is that a threat?"

"Consider it, a protection guarentee for all of you. Tamaki. His Mother. Your Mother... Yourself."

~

Where am I?

Make it stop. Make the painful memories stop.

Please.

~

"Do I have to mention that becuase of you, Tamaki's Mother and your Mother have become overwhelmed and ill?"

"That's not my fault."

"Is it not?"

"It's..." I looked down, biting my lip.

"Hm. As I thought." She stood, handing me a folder, "You owe Tamaki this much. It's for his own good. The details of this assignment is in this folder."

I took it, without saying a word.

"Make the right decision this time, girl."

And with that, I was left alone. To think about the biggest lie I would have to tell to the people I love.

~