10. We are here, daughter

Two days later

Two days later

It's a breezy summer morning.  Sujin and Sangmi walk up the school square while brainstorming about their science project. Some classmates start to whisper as soon as they lay eyes on Sangmi and Sujin.

"Why's everyone so noisy today?" Sujin says annoyed.

"Maybe because we look extra cool today" Sangmi answers with a smile.

"We always look cool" Sujin pushes her into the classroom where their teacher gives them their results of their tests.

They walk to their seats with their smiles now being wiped off their faces. Sangmi opens the paper, letting out a defeated sigh. Besides her Sujin crumples up her results and puts it in her bag.

"My grades are even worse now" Jugyeong wines while looking at her results in terror.

"It's okay. You're new and need to get used to it" Sangmi calms her friend.

"I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with-" She stops midway her sentence as she catched a glimpse of Sangmi her results. "You're number 1?!"

Everyone around the girls start to murmur. Sangmi leans back in her chair, pulling her hood down over her eyes. Sujin has now looked up from her table too to see what Jugyeong meant. 

"Woah Yang Sangmi seems like you joined Sujin and Suho in the competition" Hangyu says amazed. 

"You all can get there too someday if you start studying" Mr Han says jokingly. 

"Ah teacher please, stop" One of the classmates cries out.

"I'll be meeting with your parents this week too to discuss your grades. Note that down" 

Sangmi lets out a silent sigh as Suah places her hand around her shoulder. "It's okay. If they come here we're turning a whole 180 walking the other direction"

The two girls chuckle a little.

"My mom is at school right now" Jugyeong says defeated. "I'm dead"

Suah and Sangmi twist their bodies towards Jugyeong and embrace her. "It's okay it's okay"

Sujin looks at her friends hugging as her teary eyes make her vision a bit more blurry. She grabs her bag and walks out of the classroom. 

"Where is she going?"

"She's always hard on herself when it comes to grades" Suah says sadly. "Now with you she'll probably be third every time"

The three girls their moods become a bit sad when thinking about it. They wished that grades weren't the only thing that could get you into a good college in the capital city. 

"I'm going to look for my mom" Jugyeong says, breaking the silence. She gets up and rushes out of the classroom.

"Ahh this is driving me crazy" Suah says, plopping down on her chair. "Can't you just make the next test for me? Write my name on your sheet and I'll do the same only with yours. Deal?"

"As if they wouldn't recognise our handwriting"

Sangmi pushes Suah her head a bit. "I can help you study though"

"Study my ass I would rather eat stinky cheese" The girl places her head on her table, letting out a dramatical sigh.

The other girl kneels down to match her upset face. "You need food. Let's eat"

She twists their hands together, pulling Suah along with her out of the classroom towards the cafeteria. 

As soon as they get there they take place besides Jugyeong and Sujin who had grabbed some extra plates for the two.

"Sujin are you-"

"Omg Omg guys I have big news!" Hangyu rushes into the cafeteria. "Lee Suho, your dad is Lee Joohun?!"

Everyone in the cafeteria starts to mumble as Hangyu continues to scream "yes the celebrity!" 

"Lee Joohun?" Suah asks confused.

Jugyeong shakes her head a bit, not knowing what exactly is going on. "I think I saw him though"

"He's here?" Sangmi asks.

"Yes, he-"

Sangmi gets off her seat and steps out of the cafeteria. Her emotions get ahead of her as she walks out of the school towards the parking lot.

"Sangmi where are you going?" Seojun rushes over to her, grabbing her arm.

"Let go" She loosens out of his grip but he quickly takes place in front of her.

"I get that you're mad but you're angry right now"

"Get away from me" She pushes Seojun against his group of friends who start to murmur some things.

The girl continues walking towards the parking lot in a fastened pace. When she gets there, she can see Lee Joohun standing there. As he notices Sangmi, a smile appears on his lips.

"It's been awhile Sa-"

"Why are you here" She interrupts the older man. "Come to ruin Suho's life even more?"

Mr Lee lets out a small chuckle. "I'm just doing what's best for my son"

"Yet you came to my school when I told you not to come" Suho joins the conversation as he takes place besides Sangmi. "Don't you think you're being stupid by your sudden decision?"

The man looks a bit upset towards the space between Suho and Sangmi. "Sangmi, you should go back home. Your parents want to talk to you and they're worried"

Sangmi wants to reply something until Ms Hong rushes towards them "Lee Joohun!"

"Mom you're embarrassing me!" Jugyeong appears out of nowhere, holding her mom back from bumping up against the man.

Mr Lee smiles a bit. "Ah we meet again"

Ms Hong continues to laugh until she notices Sangmi and Suho. Jugyeong her eyes have widened too by seeing Sangmi standing in front of Lee Joohun, but her mothers gasps show that she's more surprised by the duo in front of her celebrity crush.

"Sangmi must be your daughter then! I knew she had to get that beauty from somewhere" She says with still a bright smile set on her face. "And this must be your son. He is extremely handsome too"

"Mom you know who Sangmi is stop being like this" Jugyeong mumbles.

The two adults start to laugh a bit while the kids awkwardly remain on the same position. 

"Oh right, aren't you three in the same class?"

Jugyeong smiles. "Yes, hello" 

"I'll get going" Suho walks away.

"We should go too. We can't miss math class or we'll get a strike again" Sangmi lies to get out of this situation.

"A strike again? AGAIN?" Ms Hong looks towards Jugyeong. "Low grades, skipping class, are you insane!"

"Yes we should go" Jugyeong grabs Sangmi her arm. The girls rush towards the school while trying to hold their laughter.

When they finally reach their classroom they feel like they can breathe again.

"Enough with those crazy parents for today" Sangmi laughs.

Jugyeong who's still out of breathe straightens her back to stop the laughter, just to set her eyes on something that makes goosebumps fill her body.

"Uhm..Sangmi"

"Yes?"

Her facial expression becomes a bit disturbed. Some kids around them start to whisper and take out their phones. The atmosphere drops dramatically as the whispering starts including names Sangmi wished not to hear this week. 

"We are here, daughter"