19. We're here, together

Jugyeong places the last bag in the car

Jugyeong places the last bag in the car. Sangmi says goodbye to her mother and brother as she makes her way to the main road. The two girls give each other a hug as if they won't see each other again tomorrow at school.

"I'm sorry. This is my fault" 

"I told you that it's not. You got the job and I just realised it's better if I go back living at home"

Sangmi pats Jugyeong her back. "My father will call you later. Keep your phone close.

Jugyeong nods sadly. Sangmi takes place in the back of the car and waves at Jugyeong. She then plugs her earplugs in and relaxes her head. Living with Suho isn't exactly the ideal lifestyle for her, especially after what he told her. Knowing him and Jugyeong have nothing going on has made her think a lot about what he said to her.

"We're here"

Sangmi looks up and nods. The driver helps the girl with carrying her luggage to the door. She then knocks on the door. 

"Oh you're here already"

Suho grabs her bags and carries them inside. She waggles after him into the living room where she drops her bag.

"It hasn't changed at all"

The boy looks at her and nods. "Let's go to your room"

"I'm getting my own room?"

She rushes after him. He opens the door and reveals a fully decorated room with a kings bed.

"Did you do this?"

"I asked your dad to drop some things off to make you feel more comfortable. You must've missed your old stuff"

Sangmi walks around the room, admiring it. She looks up towards him and notices his long face. 

"I didn't mean what I said the other day" He whispers. "I'm sorry for lashing out on you"

A little smile appears on her face. She feels happy to hear his apology, but isn't sure if he means it or just says it to make this living situation less awkward.

"I'm going to order dinner. Come when you're ready"

Time skip

Sangmi plops down on the couch. She lets out a satisfied sigh. 

"That was nice"

Suho sits down besides her. He grabs his book and starts to read. 

"You're studying?"

"Yes"

Sangmi shakes her head and snatches the book out of his hand. "Let's do something fun"

"Like what?"

She looks around the room for ideas. But then notices something. She gets up from the couch and walks over to the wooden door. Looking down, she sees the lock. Slowly, she presses the combination.