Chapter 9: Oh James

Hellloooo my lovelies guess whos back told ya i'd have you a new chapter by the end of the year. So good to see you all again! (also i actually proof read this chapter you should be proud of me)

TW : PUKING

TW starts at "NO! Don't g-" and ends at 'Remus gently lifted'

***********************************************************************************************

"Please don't be mad" James looked as if he were about to burst into tears, clutching his blankets tighter around him trying desperately to cover up the wet patches.

"Oh James..." Remus tried to step closer to the boy but that only caused him to scramble further away.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It won't happen again I promise!"

"James please it's alright just let me-" Remus once again tried to reach out to James only just managing to grab hold of one of his arms.

"No!" James struggled against Remus, now sobbing, tears running down his face way too fast.

"James, James honey it's alright. I'm not mad, see" Remus tried his best to reassure the boy but it appeared that he was far too hysterical. He guided James to the sofa as gently as he could, letting him curl up in the corner of it as he continued to sob. He did wish there was something more he could do but he worried that getting any closer to James would only cause him more distress.

It didn't matter though because with or without Remus's interference James's sobs were still growing in ferocity as he was obviously spiralling into some very awful thoughts. It looked as if he was struggling to breathe, but Remus didn't know what he could do for him.

He placed a hand on James's knee "James... I'm going to go get you some water, please try your best to calm down with a bit of time alone" he stood to leave and was about to walk away before his sleeve was grabbed and he was yanked backwards, causing him to stubble a bit.

"NO! Don't g-" James's words were stopped by a frightful gagging sound before he painfully threw up his dinner. It didn't even stop there the dreadful sounds continued and more bile continued to fall onto the floor, made even worse by James's relentless sobbing.

He'd slid to the floor after the first wave of sickness hit him, not letting go of Remus's sleeve. The other boy was kneeling down next to him rubbing his back trying to calm him down.

"James honey, I need you to take a deep breath for me okay? It'll make you feel better, can you do that for me? Just one big breath"

James nodded and shakily took in a breath, then another and another and more until the sobs died down and he could breathe without choking on air or vomit.

Remus gently lifted James off the floor and into his arms, "Oh James... come on let's get you cleaned up". He carried the boy over to the sink wiping any leftover spittle and managed to get James to drink a glass of water, he needed to rehydrate after all those tears.

Next they headed to the bathroom to wash off the remnants of the accident that caused all this upset off of James. Unfortunately, it looked like they had woken someone up.

"Mooney-"

James buried himself in Remus's shoulder at the sound of Sirius's voice and Remus was now concerned they were in trouble for another round of tears.

"Hush, Sirius, i'll speak to you in a moment" Sirius quickly stepped out of the way and Remus quickly shuffled into the bathroom placing James on the toilet seat, "Stay here okay i'll be back in a minute". The poor boy could only sniffle in response.