Chapter 12: My first Homecoming Dance

2 days have passed since David's birthday and our end of the year dance was coming up on the 25. Brittany, Kendrah and I went to the mall and bought dresses for the dance. I bought a lavender dress because David he was wearing that color. Brittany bought a pink dress, her favorite color and Kendrah bought a sky blue dress. When we went to school that Friday, they mentioned that they were giving out awards at the dance. Like the cutest couple, best smile, best basketball player, best cheerleader, best dresser, best class clown, best dancer, best singer and many others and we all have to say a name or names for each category. Then the will tally the votes up and announce the winners at the dance. That day I sat down and concentrated on who I was going to put for each section.

The next day, after church, I spent the night by David's house. When I got up to his room, David was lying down on his bed watching TV. I took off my shoes and got on the bed with him. I sat in between his legs, my head on his shoulder and his arms around me.

"Heyy baby," I said.

"Hey sweetie," he said as he kissed me head, "how was church today?"

"It was ok."

"What happened?"

"You weren't there."

"I'm sorry honey," he said as he kissed me again, "baby?"

"Yes"

"What are you hopes and dreams for the future?"

"I really don't have one."

"How come?"

"Because I'm looking at and living my dream right now with you."

"Awww," he said as he squeezed me tight, "but babe seriously?"

"Ok. Once again my dream involves you. My dream is to become an architect, marry you and have two GORGEOUS children."

"Awww. My dream is to be a pro ball player, definitely marry you and I'm not too sure about the kids."

"What? Baby, don't want children with me. A boy that has my husband's handsome face and a girl that has your wife's gorgeous face?"

"Not really."

"Baby, come on," I said sadly as I got off the bed. Before I got any further, David pulled me back on the bed, between his legs.

"I was playing. Of course, I would love to have children with you. Come on do you really think I would marry you and not want children."

"No, but you just want to hit that and take off."

"Never in a million years. I want to have children so I can show you how much I love you by making a baby, Baby," he said as he wrapped his arms around me, squeezed me and kissed me. David held me in that position for 5 minutes with his head on my shoulder until I broke the silence.

"David?"

"Hmm?"

"What is going to happen to us when you go off to college and I'm a senior?" I asked him, sadly.

"Maybe I can wait for you."

"But what if we don't get into the same college?"

"Baby I don't know let's just enjoy the time that we have together now and worry about that in the future. Everything is going to be ok, I promise," he said as he kissed me neck. A few minutes later, David asked me,

"Baby, would you like to go to the homecoming date with me?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because maybe you had other plans."