Good At Everything Except Wearing Heels [ Junchan ]

cross posted with ao3

-

Jun stares at his boyfriend's stage outfit, feeling a wave of heat rushing to his face.

Gorgeous. Really, really gorgeous.

Chan was in a cropped long sleeve with high-waisted pants with a generous amount of rips in them, his tiny waist on full display. Jun pouts, the burning sensation still lingering. He wraps his arms around the younger's exposed waist, resting his chin on Chan's shoulder.

Chan lets out one of his melodic giggles, only driving Jun to nuzzle closer into him, taking in his baby powder fragrant.

"I'm so proud of you. You look so good, Channie."

Chan flushes slightly, if he's not mistaken, his stoic face of pretty stage makeup breaking into a wide grin. He brings up his hand to play with Junhui's hair which the older welcomes.

"These heels are killing me, though. I can't believe the stylists expected me to dance in these," Chan complains, a pout matching Jun's appearing on his face.

Jun looks down at Chan's feet; the heels are quite extreme. They were something not even Seungkwan would wear to his drag club—maybe three and a half inches max.

Jun frowns again, suddenly not finding his outfit so hot. "You should ask them for new shoes. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

But Chan shakes his head, stubborn as always. "I'll be fine, Jun. I don't want to bother them about my outfit again like last time," He mutters timidly, bringing his hand to cup the older's face.

The last time was a little different, though. Last time, Chan was given a fitting cropped shirt that was laced up in the front with ribbons that showed quite a bit of skin on his chest. Chan was so embarrassed to wear it that he requested a new shirt from the stylists. They are trying really hard to push a particular image on Chan.

Jun grabs his wrists, Chan's small hands fit snugly around his face. The heels definitely gave him some height because they almost stood face to face now.

"Chan-ah!! We have to go! Now!!" Soonyoung screamed as he ran past his dressing room, stopping when he saw more than one person in the room. "Oh, hey, Junhui!"

Jun waves back awkwardly with a smile. Chan only smiles teasingly, hitting his boyfriend playfully on the shoulder before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Good luck, Channie."

"Thank you for being here for every performance, Junhui."

***

Chan's a versatile dancer and a very strong one as well; Jun's always known that. He shines on stage like a beacon is on him, but he makes sure not to outshine the other dancers on stage as well. He keeps the team together, and the crew performs like they're one unit under Chan and Soonyoung's diction. Junhui doesn't dance anymore, but he has enough experience to appreciate dance as a form of art.

But there's something off about Chan's usually bright expressions. His smiles seemed more forced, and Jun can't help but notice that his face scrunches up unpleasantly on parts with heavy footwork.

The heels.

Jun rushes backstage immediately after the performance is over, where Chan's already surrounded by his other dancers and their manager, holding his ankle.

"What happened?" Jun inquires in a panic, Chan's crew letting him through to sit next to his boyfriend. Chan lets out a whimper as his manager touches the ice pack to his ankle, which was becoming swollen. He leans against Jun's chest as soon as the older sits down.

"My ankle—it rolled to the side kinda bad on stage," Chan pushes out. He only has one eye open, the other contorting with discomfort. Jun's face hardens with concern as his hands awkwardly hover over Chan's foot, unsure of what to do.

"I'll drive him to the hospital," Soonyoung offers, and Jun immediately nods.

He hooks his arm under Chan's legs as his other goes to support his back. "Give me the ice pack. I'll take care of him."

Chan's manager complies, and Jun easily carries Chan to Soonyoung's car. Luckily, Jun still works out, and Chan is relatively light.

Placing him down in the back seat, Jun makes sure the injured foot doesn't touch anything as he closes the door behind them. Chan's head lulls to the side again, finding its resting place on Jun's chest.

He looks at his boyfriend pitifully, kissing his hairline gently as he lightly puts the ice pack to his swollen joint.

"I should've been more assertive. I was uncomfortable with the shoes from the beginning," Chan huffs out childishly, his arms coming up to grasp Jun's broad shoulders to ground himself.

Jun furrows his eyebrows, "Don't start playing the blame game with me, Lee Jungchan."

"Sorry," He answers promptly, eyes fluttering close despite the smidge of a smile on his lips.

They hear Soonyoung laugh from the steering wheel, the other dancer sparing them a quick glance through the rearview mirror. "You got him to let up so easily. It takes so much talking on our end to convince Chan of anything about his health," Soonyoung confesses, apologetic for his untimely laughter.

Chan looks away, sticking out his tongue to Soonyoung when the other looked back once again. Jun can't help but laugh too as they arrive.

***

The next few weeks are filled with clingy Chan and complaints of not being able to dance. Jun doesn't mind that much, he's usually the more clingy one of the two, so it's refreshing to see Chan so willing for skinship.

"How's your ankle feeling?" Jun whispers warmly as he ghosts a finger along Chan's uninjured leg. Chan shivers slightly at the touch but ignores it.

"I'm feeling better, I guess. It still feels kind of weird, though."

Jun hums, satisfied with the answer as he climbs into the blankets of their bed next to Chan. He sneaks his arms under Chan's pajama shirt and snakes his arms around, pulling the younger impossibly close.

They sit in comfortable silence for a bit, only the sound of the TV presenting itself.

"I'm never wearing heels while dancing again," Chan groans, resting his head on Jun's shoulder. However, all that happens is that his bunny hair band hits Jun in the face.

"I hope whoever put you in those gets fired."

"Harsh, but okay."

"I'm serious!"

Chan laughs at the older's ridiculousness as Jun rubs circles on Chan's chest with his thumb. They fall into silence again, looking at some cooking program that came on.

"But, in all seriousness, I hate seeing you hurt. You're too stubborn for your own good," Jun says, softer than he intended. Chan coos, hand becoming laced in the older's raven hair once again.

"Thank you for always looking out for me, Jun hyung."

"You've always looked out for me as well. I'm just returning the favor."