✩01

(italics is her thoughts btw)

Narrator's Pov

Everyone knows that being a new student can be overwhelming sometimes. Well, that was the case for Kang Damin. Usually, she wouldn't mind switching schools, considering she moved to a different school almost every 2 years but this time she was transferred to not only a new school but a new city too.

The girl's parents transferred her to a different school in a whole different city which sucked for her because she couldn't even meet with her friends anymore and she would be all alone here. But she tried keeping a positive mindset saying about how this would be for the better and who knows, maybe something interesting might happen or even better; something Extraordinary .

Damin looked through the hallways, trying to recall where the main office as a few students turned their heads to look at her. 

That's why she brushed off her nervousness and tried to look as decent as possible, occasionally running her fingers through her shoulder-length black hair.

She spotted a sign that read 'Main Office' and strode in that direction. The school receptionist handed her her class schedule and she took a good look at it.

"Should I show you to your class?" asked the school receptionist, catching Damin's attention.

"No it's okay," she said.

"Well then come back here after school because there will be someone to tour you around the school," the receptionist spoke.

"Park Jisung from class 3A, I already told him your name, and all you need to do is just show up," she added.

"Oh okay, thank you, and have a good day," spoke Damin, slightly bowing at the receptionist before leaving the office.

She walked around, looking at the class signs to find her class. The hallways looked empty meaning that the bell had probably rung.

Damin looked around till she finally spotted a sign at the top of the door, 2B. Damin gave 3 knocks on the door before entering. Everyone's head turned to the door as she stepped in and closed the door.

"Ah, you must be the new student! Welcome, welcome," the teacher spoke, signaling her to come in. "Why don't you introduce yourself to us." the teacher smiled. She cleared her throat before looking at the students.

"My name is Kang Damin, I just turned 17 anddd yeah," she gave a tight smile and an awkward wave.

Her eyes skimmed throughout the classroom as she saw how some people went back to whatever they were doing before she entered the class and some conversed with each other.

"You can call me Mr. Lee and I'll be your homeroom teacher. There's only one empty seat here which is at the very back. I hope you don't mind that?" asked the teacher, pointing at the seat. Damin gave a small smile to her seatmate but she just looked away.