✩24

i d on't really give a damn about the way you touch me when we're alone 🎶

"Jisung?" they both said in unison.

The tall male crouched down, trying to catch his breath while breathing heavily. "II think you have another peculiarity but are you okay?"

"I think I am but is that even possible?" Damin questioned. Before Jisung could explain further, the firefighter team arrived and made sure the three stayed away from the fire.

The three of them headed back down, deep in their thoughts. Jungwon was glad she was okay, Damin was confused, and Jisung was stunned. Once they reached down, the medic team had to do a check-up on Damin and Jungwon. The firefighters managed to tame the fire and put it out.

They had to put on an oxygen mask on Damin and Jungwon for about 30 minutes as they checked them for any injuries. The nurse turned her head in confusion when she did not find a single scratch or burn mark on Damin, considering she was in the burning dorm for an hour. What's weirder was that Jungwon had a few small injuries, just like any other person.

"Okay, I think you may have a little fever since your temperature is higher than normal. I suggest you take a few days off from school," The nurse advised Damin.

"Thank you,"

"Both of you guys can go now." she smiled at the two.

Jungwon spoke up, "Excuse me but, do you know how the fire started?"

"The police are still investigating it. The fire apparently started in the living room due to a broken plug."

"Ohh," he nodded. Of course, that was not what happened. It was far from that. Jisung explained that he had to go back but promised to tell them everything tomorrow morning near the loop.

"Where am I gonna stay now?" she asked herself, looking up to her 90% burned dorm.

Jungwon didn't even hesitate, "You can stay at my house in the meantime."

"Are you sure," Damin asked skeptically. She did not want to make him uncomfortable by having a girl in his house for the next few weeks. Plus, what would his parents think? Would they even let?

"I'm sure my mom and grandma wouldn't mind," he smiled at her reassuringly.

"Okay then, lead the way, Wonie ,"

Jungwon unknowingly intertwined their fingers, leading the way to his house. Damin's cheeks heated up as she tried to keep her cool. She likes this . She likes him .

When he realized that they were holding hands, he instantly let go, worried that he'd make her uncomfortable. A frown made its way to her lips when her hand felt cold.

Damin on the other hand, felt extra bold today considering her hands were on fire, she burned down her dorm, almost died and now she has another peculiarity, so she tried shooting her shot.

Damin held his hands and spoke up, "Thank you for, you know, saving my life earlier."

"It was no problem really." he gave her a soft smile.

They both stayed in comfortable silence, as the gentle breeze brushed against their skins. It was probably almost 3 in the morning by now and his mom must be worried. Especially since he just ran out of the house like that.

Jungwon turned the doorknob, opening the door quietly as they entered.

"Where were you?" the lights suddenly turned on and there on the sofa, sat his mother. She looked confused when she realized he wasn't alone. "And why is there a girl with you?"

Jungwon managed to explain everything to his mom, to which she gladly allowed Damin to stay. She cooked them a simple meal and wouldn't stop teasing Jungwon because she knew he liked her.

When they finished, Jungwon offered her to stay in his room and he could sleep somewhere else, but Damin insisted she'd stay in the guest room.

Jungwon handed her some of his clothes. "Here, in case you want to wash up."

"Thanks,"

✩✩✩

Damin sighed and stared at the ceiling, clutching her blanket tightly. Jungwon had gone to sleep long ago so it was just her awake. Somehow, she couldn't fall asleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she'd see flames and get frightened. She was afraid she'd burn down Jungwon's house too.

She couldn't imagine losing him. Never . So she opted for staying awake. She could feel her eyes getting drowsier and drowsier by the minute but she was persistent in staying up. She thought of going to see if Jungwon was awake but didn' t want to bother him if he wasn't. She heard the door open slowly and Jungwon spoke up.

"Damin, you awake?" he asked sleepily.

"Yeah, you?"

He chuckled, "Of course. Can I come in?"

"Sure." She sat up and made space for him on the bed. It was dark so they both couldn't see anything. She was secretly glad Jungwon was here. His presence always made her feel safe. "Couldn't sleep? "

Jungwon nodded. "I slept a little but then I woke up. You?"

"I can't even close my eyes. Every time I do— I don't know, I just don't want it to repeat again," she explained. Jungwon could hear the fear in her voice and he couldn't do anything about it.

"You should have some rest,"

"I want to but I don't want to accidentally burn your house down. Who knows this time, maybe I won't be lucky anymore."

He held her hand. "Hey, don't think like that."

It went quiet for a few minutes until Jungwon suggested an idea.

"How about you sleep and I'll keep watch,"

"I don't wanna burden you. Plus you have to go to school tomorrow, right?" She couldn't let him sacrifice his sleep just so she could get hers. She knew how tired he could get if he stayed up, which is why she sometimes reminded him to sleep early.

"I don't wanna hear any excuses. Either you sleep or you sleep." He stated. He had one goal which was for Damin to get some sleep and he wasn't going to give up.

"But—"

"Sleep,"

"Fine," She gave up and laid back down.

Before Jungwon could bid her goodnight, her eyes closed against her own will, and soft snores escaped her lips. Even Jungwon was surprised at how fast she fell asleep.

"Goodnight, Minie ," he smiled.

sorry if this chapter is bad 😭