✩11

Damin squinted her eyes upon waking up

Damin squinted her eyes upon waking up. She had forgotten to close the curtains yesterday resulting in her eyes watering because of the bright sun now.

She grabbed her phone from the bedside table to check the time. It was 11:52 AM. Damin took a few seconds to register before jolting awake.

Jungwon invited me to hang out with the others today.

She dashed to the restroom, grabbing her towel as she went. Her hair was a mess, and the only thing she could do was wash it and fix it, but she didn't have time. She pondered her options once more before making her choice.

After she was done, she picked a somewhat appealing outfit and put it on. Damin froze in place when she heard the doorbell ring.

That must be Jungwon.

She fixed her outfit and went to answer the door.

"Hello!" He beamed, entering when she gestured him to do so. She excused herself to dry her hair while he waited. She grabbed her phone and 2 hairbands before leaving the room.

Damin looked in the mirror and attempted to tie her slightly wet and messy hair.

Key word: attempted.

"Do you want me to do a braid?" Jungwon spoke up, earning her attention.

"You don't have to, plus it's almost 12," she answered.

"What do you mean? It just turned 11." he stated, showing the time on his phone. She checked the time and her eyes widened.

"Oh. I thought it was almost 12..." she facepalmed. She'd been rushing herself since she'd read the time wrong and thought she was late.

"If it's still early then why are you here?" she questioned.

"If you don't want me here then I'll leave-"

"No! I mean... I was just asking haha."

"I was bored at home,"

"So you decided to annoy me?"

"You know, I'm getting a feeling that you don't want me here. Are you sure-"

"Pfft. Can't even take a simple joke." said Damin, rolling her eyes jokingly making him chuckle.

"Says the girl who couldn't stop blushing yesterday." Jungwon brought up, an amusing smile on his lips.

"Are you gonna braid my hair or not?" she changed the topic. Jungwon happily patted the seat beside him and she sat down next to him. She handed him the comb since he asked for it.

"Where'd you learn how to braid? It's not really common for guys to know how to braid." Damin said. She could feel him combing her hair softly and gently.

"I used to watch my mom braid my sister's hair. Sometimes when I'm bored, I would braid my sister's hair. But that was before she went to college so I haven't braided in a few years." he explained while Damin listened attentively.