✩30

super long chapter!! and last chapter before epilogue :(

Damin tried calming her beating heart looking at the destination the app brought her

Damin tried calming her beating heart looking at the destination the app brought her. It brought her to a rundown, abandoned factory, deep into the rural areas of the city. It looked like an abandoned factory.

The paint on the walls was washed off, and ivy growing on it covering some parts of the wall. There were also cracks along the walls, making it look like it was about to break into pieces any second. She was glad it was still daytime because it made everything less scary for her.

She looked around and gulped. There was no one in sight. Only the caws of crows could be heard. A bad feeling was situated in her gut as she stood in front of the factory.

"Just hang in there, Wonie ," she whispered to herself before entering.

The inside looked even scarier, with no light anywhere except from the door she had just opened. Broken-looking machines could be seen everywhere, chunks of cement and glass on the floor, and poles scattered everywhere.

Damin examined the place, ready to use her powers in case anything happened. She started with the room she found at the end of the warehouse. She turned the doorknob and was met with disappointment.

She proceeded to search every corner, turning her head at any slight sound she could hear. The sun was starting to set, making everything darker than it already was. She knew she had to hurry up or it would make everything harder than it already is .

Suddenly, she heard a shuffle behind her. Damin turned around faster than she ever did, but there was nobody there. She knew she heard something. She looked back to the front and was surprised by the silhouette in front of her.

Before she could even do anything, the man stuck a needle in her neck. Within seconds, she could feel herself getting dizzy and her vision blurring. The last thing she saw was her walking silhouette closer to her and crouching down to her level.

"Night night," he waved at her.

✩✩✩

Damin woke up with a groan. She squinted her eyes at the bright light, her hand moving up to her head to cease the pounding headache she was feeling. Once her vision became clear, she realized she was in an operating room.

This was a whole new place, with modern-looking lights and air conditioning. She wondered if she was still in the abandoned factory.

Tools laid on a tray next to her, and she was in a hospital gown. Her head turned to the big window and her heart dropped to her stomach seeing what was on the other side. There he was.

Jungwon was tied to a chair, his face all bloody and his shirt torn in some places. He had bruises all over his body, and bits of cuts everywhere, causing blood to ooze out of them slowly. His head was bleeding and he had a huge slash on his arm.