The Mission

~Naruto Age 8~

I was in my apartment, reading through some scrolls for extra practice, even though I really don't need it, when I was summoned by the Hokage.

I shunshined over to the Hokage's tower, "You needed me?" I asked as I bowed down on one knee.

"Yes, I have a long term mission for you" He answered.

"And what would that be?"

"You need to go to the academy to protect Sasuke Uchiha."

"Itachi's younger brother" I mumbled under my breath, it broke me when Itachi was ordered by Danzo to massacre his clan and leave the village. After all, he was one of my sensies, and he was one of the only people I would open up to.

"There's no way. I'm not going to the academy, I already know all of the things they teach." I argued.

"Alright, let's do this the hard way then, Naruto, as your Hokage, I am giving you the order to go to the academy undercover to watch Sasuke Uchiha, you are to make a fake personality to help hide the fact that you're already an ANBU." He demanded.

I wanted to fight back, but I knew that it was useless, as I would lose the battle anyway, "Hai, Hokage-sama." I said in my typical ANBU monotone voice.

"When do I start, and what type of personality should I make up?" I asked after a couple moments of silence.

"You start this Monday, and you should act like an idiot, that way, it makes it even harder to believe that you are an ANBU member." He replied.

"Hai Hokage-sama"

"Alright, you are dismissed, make sure that you have all of the things you need for the academy," He dismissed me.

With that I walked out of the tower, and henged myself into a random person so that I could go shopping for supplies.

In the back of my mind I could hear Kurama laughing his ass off because of my misery.

'Shut the fuck up, would you.' I snapped at Kura-nii, he only laughed harder at my mood.

I rolled my eyes and continued on my way to the shopping district. Once I made it, I started shopping for all the supplies and other things I would need to have.

I finished shopping after about an hour, by now it was close to 6 P.M. I walked home with all my bags filled with the items I bought. I had 2 bags worth of stuff.

I entered my small apartment to put everything away. I had gotten a ton of stuff for school, so I put those away. I had to get a coupe kunai and shuriken because the ones I have are too advanced for someone in the academy to have.

I also got some make-up, to cover up my scars that were on my face. I got some of them from missions, though most of them were from when the villagers hunted me.

I put all of the food I had bought away in the cupboard, I left some of the ingredients out so I could cook something for me to eat, cause that was something I still needed to do, though I wasn't able to do it most of the time.

After dinner I just ended up going to bed, because I was tired, and I needed to get up early for training the next day.

----------

I got up around 5 in the morning, I went on my normal run around the village with my extremely heavy weights on both my arms and legs.

It was tiring, but if I wanted to keep getting better I would have to do it. I finished my run in about 15 minutes, I'm very fast, I might need to get heavier weights soon.