The Academy

I was close to the school by now, so I decided to start working on putting my mask up, although it only took a couple of seconds, I had to prepare myself for having it on for so long.

I opened the door to the academy and made my way into the school. No matter where I went, the people around me always stopped to look at me.

I didn't really like attention so this wasn't that awesome. Although if I'm going to successfully keep this act up then I'm going to have to deal with it.

I kept wandering through the school, trying to find the office so that I could get my schedule.

I kept walking for what felt like forever, but was probably only a few minutes before someone came up to me.

He had pineapple looking hair, and his posture was slightly slouched, like he was tired and just wanted to rest.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked, in possibly the most lazy tone I have ever heard, and that's saying a lot.

"Oh I'm just trying to find the principal's office so I can get my schedule." I answered in a horrible squeaky tone. I inwardly cringed at the voice I had to make, of course it wasn't my actual voice, but I had to sound different for the mission.

"What a drag," The mystery boy mumbled under his breath, "Here, I'll lead you to the office, even though this is too troublesome." He whispered the last part to himself, but due to my sensitive hearing I managed to catch what he said.

"REALLY!?! Thank you so much!!" I yelled. I'm pretty sure I saw him flinch at how loud my voice was, which I don't blame him for, I would've too.

He led me through the crowds of people and towards what I was hoping to be the office. We arrived after a minute or two of walking. I thanked him again before he left, but all I got in return was something that sounded an awful lot like "Troublesome".

I watched him until he was out of my sight before I finally stepped into the office. The moment the door opened, two middle aged women looked at me, and I watched as their faces grew from neutral to confused, to realization, to angry in about 2 seconds.

I took a silent breath in and entered the office.

"Can I help you?" The closest of the ladies snapped at me.

I chose to ignore her tone of voice, "Yes, I'm here to get my schedule" I informed them, only to have the other lady at the back snarl at me.

It looked like she wanted to say something, but one look from the first girl stopped her. I watched as she reluctantly walked into the back to get what I came here for.

She returned after a couple of minutes with a piece of paper that she then gave to me. I mumbled a weak "Thank you", not even bothering looking her in the eyes, then left out the door on my way to find my classroom.

I walked the halls for a moment before I finally made it to the right door. I opened the door and immediately all attention was on me.

The teacher stopped whatever he was talking about before and looked over at me for a moment before speaking, "Oh, you must be the new student." He said, it didn't exactly sound like he was happy about that, but it didn't sound like he was mad either.

Maybe he just hasn't gotten a good opinion of me yet. Although, with this little act that I will have to put up with, I'm not sure if I will ever be able to make good impressions.

"Well, my name Umino Iruka, you are to call me Iruka-sensei, I'll be your teacher for the next couple of years, now would you care to introduce yourself to the class?" He asked.

I nodded and walked in front of the class. I knew I was going to regret what I was about to do, but it needed to be done for my act.

"Hello there, the name's Uzumaki Naruto, and I'm gonna be the future hokage, dattebayo!" I practically screamed, I wasn't even aware my voice could be that loud.

The class immediately burst into noise. There were only a few people that weren't making noise, there was one, a girl who had midnight purple hair, who was looking down at her lap, one boy was asleep, and another boy who was too busy eating to be talking. Sasuke was near the front, glaring at me.

I felt like digging a hole, crawling in it, and dieing.

The teacher finally managed to calm everybody down. After everyone was silent he told me to go sit by Sasuke Uchiha, "Sasuke, raise your hand"

I already knew who he was, but they didn't need to know that. Sasuke eventually raised his hand and I went to sit next to him.

I sat in my seat and just put my head down, pretending to be asleep. Of course I was actually listening but I need to maintain my mask.

All we were learning was history, which in my opinion was quite useless, like what are we going to do with this information, bore our enemies to death??

Plus there was the fact that I already learnt this as well. Sometimes I would get bored with nothing to do, so I learned something.

"-ruto!! NARUTO!!!" The sound of our yelling teacher broke me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm? What happened, Iruka-sensei?" I asked like I had no idea of what was going on.

"You fell asleep while I was teaching, so can you tell me what the name of the first Hokage was?" He explained.

"Uhh, no, no I can't, sorry" I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. The rest of the class laughed, I pretended to pout at this.

The teacher sighed before he started talking about how I needed to pay attention in class if I wanted to be strong.

I just put my head back down and talked to Kurama.

————
1038 Words