The Questions Start

It has been about 3 or so weeks from graduation and the first meetings of our teams. I was still not really getting any questions and that confused me. I know if I were in this situation, I would have started asking questions by now.

I walked into town for no real reason. I wandered around the village for a while before I heard something that caught my ear, mainly because it was someone calling my name.

I turned around to meet Kiba, waving and jogging over to get my attention.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked.

"Um, Well everyone's gonna go and eat at the BBQ place to catch up and I was tasked with getting you." He responded.

'What am I, an object?'

"So, you want me to join you guys?" I asked to make sure that I was right.

"Yes" He smiled at me.

"Well, what if I don't want to go?"

His smile dropped ever so slightly, "Oh come on, please, we haven't spoken to you and your team for a while now, and we all want to know what's been happening." He practically begged.

I sighed, "Fine I'll come" I replied, already knowing that I was going to regret the decision to come.

I walked with him to the restaurant that we were meeting up at. I was lucky considering that the Akimichi own this place, they were one of the smarter clans and could tell that I wasn't a demon, but the one holding it, although I wouldn't really consider Kurama a demon because all he does is sleep and be sarcastic.

"I have never been sarcastic in my life!!"

'Be quiet, we all know that's a lie, and I'm trying to talk to Kiba!'

"No you're not, you were ignoring him like 2 seconds ago!"

I chose to just not reply to him, maybe he'll get the hint then.

We made it to the restaurant after about 5 minutes of walking, after all, we weren't that far away to begin with.

I walk into the restaurant to find that everyone, and I mean everyone, is there. All the people I've talked to over the past 3 years are sitting in one place, and suddenly I have no doubt that this is where the questions will start.

"Uh, Hey everyone." I greeted awkwardly, I mean what do you expect I say?

"Hi Naruto, how have you been?" Choji asked, He was not eating yet, which was pretty surprising, but also, like, insanely suspicious.

I narrowed my eyes, "So why am I here again?" I asked.

"Oh, right, well we wanted to ask you a couple of questions and we thought it would be easiest if we just got all together to ask them." Ino answered for everyone.

I sighed, I knew they were going to ask questions eventually, but I really didn't want to answer them.

"Fine, but only two questions per person, alright? So make them count."

"Alright, so why did you suddenly change without explanation?" Sakura finally piped up, I'm surprised she stayed quite this long.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Hinata perk up slightly, 'does she not realize I'm about as straight as a circle?' I questioned.

"Some people are oblivious" I mentally chuckled.

"Well, I was told that I could finally act like myself." I responded.

"What do you mean 'act like yourself', weren't you already being yourself?" Kiba asked. At this point in time, we had all seated and gotten some food, Choji had finally started to eat again.