Chapter 1: Broken Heart

It was another normal Friday where Nene attends the party as she usually does.

She entered the party and was met with the blasting sound of music. One's ears would definitely bleed to death if they stood right next to the speakers. It was that much loud.

She took one last glimpse at her newly bought party wear, looking a bit wary. Then she took a deep breath and proceeded to walk further in.

It's me your lovely heroine, Nene Yashiro! You could say that today's the only night that college students like me go to parties! I always attend Aoi's parties every Friday night and it sure is a blast!

Nene wore a deep red outfit that only came up to her knees, with transparent black leggings, red high heels; and thank goodness it wasn't THAT much high, and lastly a designed black collar around her neck.

She even had a matching handbag with her. Her long creamy teal tipped hair was curly at the ends as usual too.

She sighed, and looked straight up at the disco ball which was hanging colorfully from the ceiling above. Where were her friends?

It was a bit dark to make out who was who in the clustered crowd. She sighed as her thoughts shifted to her best friend.

Everyone loved Aoi. She was Miss Popular after all, and boys would be always be falling on their knees proposing to her. So, when Aoi invites people, they would come to the party just to see her.

Even if some boys come to see her, Nene knew that Akane was going to be Aoi's personal bodyguard. Plus, Nene has seen how Akane uses his bat to 'protect' his precious Aoi. It was a truly terrifying sight though. Scary.

He was her childhood friend. And not only that, he was totally in love with her ever since they were little kids.

Nene's mind went back to the present. She squinted her eyes, searching for at least someone she would be able to recognize.

But she couldn't find anyone. Which was in fact really frustrating. Ugh.

Wait. Usually, the whole group would be sitting at their usual spot at the tables waiting for her and sometimes waiting for Mitsuba too. But no one was there.

Did they not arrive yet?

Nene finally stopped looking around when she spotted a familiar chopped hair boy sitting at a different table which was far away from their usual spot. Far away from their GROUP'S usual spot.

She quickly hid behind the wall and she didn't know why she did it. But she felt like she shouldn't be seen when she noticed the beautiful girl sitting at the opposite side of him.

Amane Yugi was sitting with Yumi Akari, one of the most gorgeous looking girls at Kamome University.

Nene envied her. After all, Yumi was too pretty. But not as pretty as her best friend, Aoi. But why in the hell would Amane be sitting with her of all people?!

Nene's eyes wandered back to them and much to her dismay, they both seemed to be laughing over something on the phone Yumi was showing him.

Yumi was literally perfect compared to her in every single way. Having silky black hair and unique shade of blue eyes and all. She even has slim legs unlike herself.

Her legs were enormous as usual. And she hated them.

Now a days, Nene has noticed that Amane had started spending more time with Yumi. He did speak with her too from time to time.

But.

It wasn't the same as it used to be.

Amane used to spend time with her often, sticking by her side the most. He was the only one who would cling on to her like glue. He teases her sometimes too when he has the confidence. And he even has told her once that he kinda liked her ankles which made her confused.