Chapter 6: Deep Darkness

She watched with internal irritation as Yumi squeezed herself into Amane further more. She turned her head and focused on the red crab that passed by her feet.

Nene regretted stepping her foot on this sandy old beach. Heck, she even regretted agreeing with Aoi to come here. That was definitely the first mistake. She should have never agreed with Aoi.

She turned her attention back to Amane and Yumi, bracing for the pain and hurt she was going to feel. But couldn't brace it. Painful.

"What are you doing here, Yumi-chan?" Aoi asked, bitterly. Yumi smiled back gently, her eyes reflecting kindness.

"I'm here on a trip! I'm so glad to see you guys here too!" She exclaimed; excitement visible in her eyes. Aoi blinked, wavering a bit.

"Well, we were about to go for surfing. You can join us." Teru said, as he pointed at the water. The waves gently hit the shore, with slow rhythm.

Nene felt dull all of a sudden. She didn't feel like surfing anymore.

She felt sick as she watched Yumi place a kiss on Amane's cheek. It reminded her of the exact same scene she had seen at the party.

"Come on, Amane-kun. Let's go!" She said, sweetly. And was about to turn but stopped. She happened to notice Nene's uneasy expression. "Oh no! Nene-chan doesn't look good. Let's go after some time. Are you okay, Nene-chan?" Her voice was coated with worry.

Ha! Like she really cares! Nene thought.

Everyone turned to look at her at the same time. Nene suddenly felt like she was being in the centre of the spotlight. She froze at the feeling of all eyes on her.

"Yes!" She squeaked, and then cleared her throat. "I mean, yes."

"Akari-san's right. Maybe we should go surfing later. She came just now, right?" Sumire said, and Mei nodded in support. Aoi and Tsukasa glared at the two making them flinch.

"Then, later it is." Teru said, sighing. He walked back to their huge blanket and flopped down. The rest of them followed him but only sat down. Akane looked down at Teru with annoyance.

"Put your shirt back on you idiot!" He scoffed, as some put them back on while others didn't.

"Don't want to."

Aoi held Akane's hand and pulled him down to sit beside her. "Akane-kun, its his wish if he wants to put a shirt or not. You can't force him!" She explained, and sighed, keeping a hand on her cheek.

Akane melted as he looked at their intertwined hands.

"We're going surfing in a couple of minutes, so why put it back on?" Tsukasa questions, as he rumbles through the snack basket.

"He's right. For once." Natsuhiko sighed.

"Once?!"

"Stop that." Sakura said, silencing them both.

Amane grimaced when Yumi lightly brushed her hand on top of his. He pulled his hand away. She pouted at his rejection and sat closer to him. She started talking to him about the stars. And he listened to her in silence, not happy for some reason.

Nene had already turned her view somewhere else.

Lost in pain. Then soon lost in a deep thought, lost in a strange memory. Her vision was clouded. And she was so lost.

Number 1 of the School Mysteries are the three clock keepers. One controls the past, one controls the present, one controls the future.

Three strange people in velvet cloaks are seen. The person in the middle looked like Akane...