Chapter 5: Shiny Seashells

She threw the pink bunny like creature into the air. She then held her hands together in front of her, looking at the boy who was walking in front of her, hopefully.

"I knew it! Yaaaa! So, I guess that means that I don't need to clean the bathroom anymore!" She exclaimed, excitedly.

"Yeah, nice try." He smiles. She groans.

"Do you hate it that much?" He asks, as he walks towards the door to the roof top. She follows him. "Come on, there aren't many girls who are dreaming about scrubbing public toilets!" She explained, as he continued walking, he then opens the door. He walks to the railing, leaning against it.

"Huh, that's unfortunate." He replies, as he looks down from the railing. She looks at him from beside the pillar. He speaks again. "Personally, I look forward to it." She looks at him surprised a little.

"It's been nice to be doing something after school and having someone to talk to. Kinda like, having a friend again. Just like I remember...I miss that..." He says, quietly.

She walks to him and tugs lightly on his uniform from behind, gaining his attention.

"Hanako-kun."

She moves to stand beside him and leans against the railing with him. She looks at him and smiles. "That's what I'll call you. That way...it's more like we're friends, right?" She said, smiling, her eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

He looked at her, eyes wide as he took in her appearance. She looked mesmerizing. He looked into her eyes as she looked into his. His eyes were soft amber and looked moon-like. They looked familiar.

She giggled and then he also broke into a grin. They both laughed together.

That boy was definitely in love-

The sound of a phone's ring tone interrupted her sleep.

Nene groaned and got up, sitting straight on her bed. Who in the heck was phoning her early in the morning?

She took a quick glance at her alarm clock. It was literally 5 am in the morning! Couldn't she have some peace on a normal Saturday? She groaned once more and then grabbed her phone which was on the small stand near the bed.

She then frowned. Why was Aoi calling her early in the morning? She sighed and picked up the call.

"Nene-chan! I called you three times and you didn't pick up! I got worried for a second! Are you ready?" Aoi asked, her voice sweet as always, sounding frantic at the moment.

"Ready for what?" She mumbled, as she rubbed her eyes, still exhausted as hell. Gosh, she really wanted to go back into her furry blanket and sleep.

"Ready to go to the beach, silly! You said you'd come yesterday!" Aoi sighed and then chuckled. "You're very funny, Nene-chan."

"What?!!" She shrieked. She was definitely wide awake now. "I didn't say I'd come!" She didn't want to go! No way! Everyone was going to be there. That means Yumi was going to be there!

Nene would normally not go with them for personal reason's. And that is ever since she had known Yumi. She did not want to see Yumi being lovey-dovey and all over Amane. Her heart can't stand that!

"When did I say that?!" She asked, panicking.

"Yesterday, at lunch." Aoi responded, immediately. "You said OKAY when I asked you."

"Nooooo! This is a disaster!!!!"

"It's not. Just come down already. We managed to convince your parents." Aoi said, sternly, and then spoke in deep wonder. "I was surprised how we managed to do it so easily though!"