Chapter 4: Faithful Bond

Nene listened to the class as best as she could. Trying to forget about what just happened minutes ago outside. She was listening attentively at the moment. Her professor was teaching English literature and was telling them to take notes.

Some students groaned at that. But she took out her note and pen ready to take notes for her own benefits.

Everything was going well when she felt sudden tiredness creep into her. Unknowingly she becomes unconscious.

The seventh of the seven mysteries, Hanako-san of the Bathroom. They say she's on the third floor of the old building, in the third stall in the girl's bathroom.

She would grant you any wish no matter what it is but she'll take something precious from you in exchange and you won't know what it is until it's too late.

To call her knock three times...

A delicate hand raises up and knocks three times on the old stall door in front of her.

...and then say...

"Hanako-san, Hanako-san, Hanako-san are you there?" Her own voice said, calling out to the spirit. It was like before; she couldn't move her body!

The stall opens and she swears she saw a ghostly hand. And then she heard a scary voice. "Hello..."

She gulps and closes her eyes in fear when the stall opens up fully. It was silent. She opens one eyes slowly to find nothing in the stall.

She opens her other eye as well and sighs in relief. There was only a toilet.

Relaxed, she leaned against the side of the stall's door. "Ok, hearing things." She said, to herself, and tried to calm down her racing heart. Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder, and a presence behind her.

She looked terrified. And was quick to turn around and push the person away from her. But her hands ended up going through that person. She screamed. And then ducked her head, crouching down to protect herself.

She then heard laughter.

"He he he he ha ha ha ha!"

Wait, that sounded like a boy...

What's a boy doing in the girl's bathroom?! She felt the person come to her side. "What's the matter with you?" He asked.

She gasped and backed herself against the wall, keeping as much distance as she could, away from the boy. He was transparent. And he was wearing an old school uniform and a hat. There were two ghostly orb like things floating right beside him. There was some sort of seal on his right cheek.

It was the same boy?!

"Ghost?!" She blurted out, in panic.

"I prefer apparition." He smiled and sat on the very top of the toilet. "Or I prefer the seventh of the seven wonders Hanako-san of the bathroom. I'm delighted to meet you."

He looked so familiar-

She sighed as she shifted her head to the side, gaining a few seconds of consciousness. She felt weak and tired and didn't have the strength to move at all. She felt a faint tap on her should but paid no attention to it at all.

Ugh. She felt so light and woozy.

She drifted off again.

The boy stood in front of her. And for some reason he looked too big. As if she was small in size at the moment. She noticed herself from the corner of her eyes, her reflection from the mirror.