Chapter 9: Twisted Rumours

Nene couldn't help but feel the invisible weight on her shoulders. Oh, the pressure of this whole situation was really getting to her, huh? She will solve it. Somehow.

Should she make her appearance now? She was about to step out but stopped in her tracks once again. Akane turned to look at Kou, who looked back at him confused.

"What's wrong with your brother? He's been awfully silent this whole time." He said, frowning. Akane then sneered. "It would be better if he was like this all the time! It would be- OW!" He yelped. "What was that for?!"

Teru had stepped on Akane's foot on reflex. Teru smiled like nothing happened. Akane glared.

Aoi sighed. "Please calm down." She deadpanned.

Kou looked at his big brother with concern. "Are you okay, Teru-nii? Aoi-senpai is right. You have been silent the whole time..." He said, worried. Everyone looked at him.

Teru smiled, his gaze turned a bit serious, as he thought. "It's just that the name Hanako seems familiar..." He says, his hand holding his chin.

What?

Nene felt her throat go dry.

What?

A sudden thought hit her like a bullet. If Kou was still an exorcist in this life, then Teru must be too...

The thought made her shudder. Nene didn't know how her past-self had loved Teru in the first place. He had been scary, well only to supernatural's, but still scary never the less when he did exorcize them.

That means she should be super extra careful around him out of all people, right? Since, her life was revolving around supernatural's, even if it was not at the moment.

Nene chewed her lower lip, nervously.

Akane looked at Teru, with disbelief.

"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, looking at Teru, accusingly. Then he glared. "Do you actually know something that we don't?!"

Teru grinned. "Maybe~" He sing-songed, making Akane more pissed off. He quickly continued. "You know that Kou's an exorcist, right?"

Everyone blinked at him, and went silent. Mitsuba broke it by laughing. "Are you telling me that shit is actually real?!"

"Hey!"

Mitsuba looked at Kou stifling his laughter. "I thought it was something you did for fun! Slinging that thing around, but you do realise it's an umbrella, right?" He cackled.

Kou stared at him, blankly. "I'm going to hit you-" He started, angrily.

"Its real." Teru smiled, interrupting him.

Mitsuba stopped laughing.

Aoi's eyes widened. "What do you mean its real?" She asked in disbelief. Tsukasa blinked and then gasped. "You're not joking?!"

Teru shook his head. "Kou hand me that for a second please." He said, pointing out at the item Kou was currently holding. Kou obeyed and handed it over to his elder brother. Everyone watched the exchange.

Mitsuba rolled his eyes. "However, you look at it, an umbrella will always be an umbrella." He retorted.

"An umbrella is an umbrella." Sumire agreed, clapping her hands together.

Akane sighed, and dragged his hand down his face. "Have you guys finally lost it?" He says, sighing.

"I lost it a long time ago!" Tsukasa piped up, beaming.