Chapter 5

Rina was in Endeavour's office as he rants about his concerns about her safety.

"What did you think you were doing?! You are pregnant with our child now you can't go heroing like you did before." He said.

"I know, but that building was on fire and no one was around to help and I was fine, I was a safe distance away from the fire and I had my creatures do it so I wouldn't have to!" She argued which made Enji burn with rage.

This woman! Did she not realise the potential risks she could have put herself in?! Enji thought as his flames got bigger.

"You are to go straight home and you will  no longer be allowed to leave the house without my say so or my presence." He said.

"What?! You can't do that!" She yelled.

"I can and I just did, you have my child in your stomach and so I cannot have you running around playing hero just to risk his life. You are a woman now a pregnant woman in fact, you are no longer a hero--

"Don't you think I know that!" She yelled. "I know...that I'm pregnant and I can't be a hero, but you should be more considerate of my feelings too, you're always working and you don't spend time with me anymore...I'm lonely." She whimpered and Enji felt his flames dim and he started to feel guilty after seeing her teary face.

"Uh--"

"And he's not just your baby, he's also mine! Enji you fucking piece of shit!" She yelled.

*Bang!*

*later*

Rina was at home with Rei by her side as she was being comforted.

"How could he say such mean things to me, after everything I've done for him!" She cried into her pillow as Rei pat her.

"Right, but you also have to consider his feelings too." Rei said, making Rina huff at her.

"Never!" Rina yelled.

"Well if you don't you guys will forever fight and that is not good and I doubt you want that do you?" Rei asked.

"...."

"Well I'm gonna head back, and when he comes back...talk, I doubt the little boy in your tummy would like to know that his dear parents are fighting." Rei left, leaving Rina in her thoughts.

When Enji came home, he didn't get a greeting from Rina like he would every other day. He went to the bedroom to find the light already turned off and Rina was fast asleep. He took off his suit and went inside the blankets and laid next to her.

He crept closer to her and stayed there hesitant to wrap his arms around her like he always did when they went to sleep.

"Rina...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or be inconsiderate. It's just, when I saw you there...I panicked and lashed out at you… I just didn't know what I do if anything happened to you or our baby. I know you were-- are a capable hero, it's just that… now that you're pregnant you need to be more careful. I also feel...bad for making you lonely I just..."

"It's okay Enji, but you're right." Rina said as she turned around and laid her hands on his chest, surprising him.

"You were awake?" He asked and she nodded.

"I'm sorry Enji I didn't mean to make you anxious and I'm sorry I was being so inconsiderate of our child I'm a horrible mother." She whimpered before tears started to drop from her eyes and Enji brought his big hand to her cheek and wiped away her tears.

"You are not a horrible mother, our son will be proud to have a strong, brave woman as his mother. So suck it up and keep doing what you do best, by being an amazing woman." He said sternly.