Chapter 9🍋

Rina spent the morning getting the kids ready for school. She was packing lunches as a maid fed Fuyumi and another fed Natsuo his bottled milk.

It's been a few months since Enji started his treatment and so far so good.

"Hello Rina!" Rei greeted cheerfully as she walked into the kitchen.

"Rei! I'm so glad you made it! Where's mom?" Rina asked.

"Mom had some errands to do and by errands I mean shopping, said she couldn't visit her Grandchildren without presents." Rei chuckled as Rina sighed.

"The way she spoils them…I'm concerned, my kids may end up being spoiled if I'm not careful." Rina said.

Next thing they know they heard the thudding of tiny footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Mom!"

"Aunt Rei!"

The twins Touya and Taura yelled as they ran in, giving them both a hug. They wasted no time in bombarding Rei with questions.

"Alright? Alright you two go and have your breakfast. School is going to start soon." Rina said as she gently shoved the two pouting kids into the kitchen.

"Anyways. I hear that things are going well in your life." She said as she brought Rei to sit on the couch. 

"Yes it has, my photography business is going great and I'm loving every moment of it…and…"

"And…?" Rina asked with a teasing gaze.

"Ichiji's been really good to me and he's so kind and gentle and…perfect." Rei blushed.

Ever since Rina got married she convinced Rei to go to school and do something she wants to do for a change. These two girls, especially the eldest, were ruled by their father being unable to do the things they loved freely? Rina was only allowed to train as a hero because her powers were most promising and would bring about benefits for the family,  but Rei only ever knew, was that she was a sacrificial bride if ever the family.

But after such a long time she did what she wanted to do and she found out that she loved and had a talent for photography and studied it with passion in university. After that she set up her own business and even started dating the doctor.

"You know…I'm really happy for you Rei." Rina said as she took Rei's hand.

"Me too. I'm happy too." Rei smiled.

****

Rina took the kids to school and daycare leaving Natsuo in the care of Reina. She then went to pay a visit to the hospital.

After checking in she went up to the observation room where her husband was kept.

"He's doing very well…ever since this treatment began." Kiseki said as she watched him from the otherside of the glass sleeping peacefully.

"How long will  he be asleep for?" She asked.

"Well as you know extremely cold temperatures force the body to virtually shut, but with this room we are able to regulate temperatures so he remains asleep…so until his organs heal from the cryo-healing process it will still take a years worth more." He said.

"Oh…" She said.

"Here, let me show you something. Here we are able to monitor his healing process through this screen." He said leading her towards the table where monitors and computers were placed.

Rina saw a particular screen that showed Enji's skeletal body and a measure with a figure written 20%.

"What's this?" She asked.